Saturday, November 30, 2013

Halloween

Halloween was fun this year. I actually remembered to get the pumpkins before the day of halloween, so we carved them for family night on Monday or I should say Kevin carved them after I put on the patterns because the patterns the kids wanted were much too complicated. Although Lizzy did carve part of hers. So pretty much all the kids did was dig out the guts, but they did have fun doing that.
This was the first Halloween Russ remembers so he enjoyed getting out the guts.

Russy had the fun face and Jane had Happy Frank, Nellie had the witch and Lizzy had the Spooky

It was fun to pull out old costumes and get good use of them again. Nellie wanted to be the Cheerleader that Lizzy was back in Kansas. It was a little smaller but it still fit. She made an awfully cute cheerleader.

Lizzy wanted to be a pirate this year, so I figured that I could dream up a costume for her. I found this really awesome fabric that I made a skirt out of. And then I found a pattern for a vest that I made look like a pirate. I thought it turned out really well.

I wanted Jane to be little Bo Peep last year but she didn't want to be, but it worked out well because this year Annie fit into the sheep costume, so I am actually glad that it didn't work out last year, because they were just too cute together!!

Annies little face was just so darn cute in this costume!!! I love this sweet girl!

No we didn't get a picture of all the kids together because Russ would not wear his costume for more than about 2 seconds and definitely not long enough to get a picture.

Yes this was the only picture I got of Russ before we left for Trick-or-treating.

But once we got going I told Russy that he couldn't get candy if he wasnt wearing his costume and he was glad to wear it from that point on. Kevin took Annie home after a bit because she was so darn tired and I thought that Russ would want to too, but he was going to have none of that. It was cute to see him trying to carry his bucket once it got full, but he was bound and determined to.

See how happy he was once he got his "condy" I had so much fun taking the kids around! We have such a great kid friendly neighborhood so it was so fun to be out with tons of other kids. It was a really great Halloween.

 

No comments: