Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Back to School

We were so grateful that we were able to find a house in the same area so that the kids were able to stay at the same school.  I really didn't want to move them again, even though I know they would have been great sports about it.
I really didn't want school to start this year!  It was so hard because we moved a couple weeks before school started so we had spent so much of our summer trying to find a place and showing a house, etc.  Pretty much anything but doing summer activities. I really hope I can make it up to them next summer, because this one stunk. We didn't even go on vacation this summer!  In fact we didn't even leave the Sacramento area!  Now that's just sad!  But alas school started and the kids were still excited to get back.  I personally loathe the first day of school, because I have to try and get the kids there and we have to leave WAY early and I have to cart my other kids with me, which this year was three additional little ones. yikes.  I decided that since we can't park remotely close to the school on the first day and since I wanted them to ride their bikes home from school that we would all ride together.  Not a good idea.  It took forever to get there because Russy was riding and so we got there just before school started so I had to try and get everyone to their classes and  take the obligatory pictures.  Its just nice after the first day when they can get themselves to school.
 Lizzy lost her best friend to Middle school and another one of her friends moved.so in a lot of ways it was starting over for Lizzy.  But I don't worry about her, she always has made friends so easily!  She has Mrs. Donahue and she just loves her.  She comes home and talks about her all the time. She even tells me that she is her favorite teacher she has had, and that is really saying something because she has loved her teachers.  Nellie didn't have any of her friends in her class either, but she has Mrs. Rodrick the teacher that Lizzy had last year, so that was good to have a teacher we were already familiar with. And Nellie now has her best friend down the road so she can ride to school with her and she still gets to play with her at recess. Janie has Mrs. Williams and she was lucky enough to have her favorite little friend Maxim in her class, so that made her a lot less nervous for the first day. 
 I just cant believe how big these girls are getting! It is so crazy to watch the time zoom by and she these gorgeous girls growing into such amazing people.  I am so proud of the people they are turning into!



 Maxim found Janie immediately when we got to school.  It was niced to not see her nervous at all.
 I could tell Nellie was pretty nervous the first day because she didn't know anyone very well in her class.  But she did great!
 I walked into Lizzy's class to take a quick picture, and she was looking a little scared, but then she saw me and gave me her great smile. 
By the time I got back to Jane's class she was already doing great at her table.  I am so proud of these girls and how well they do in new situations!  We are so excited for a new school year and to see them all learn and grow even more!
 Russy was beyond excited when it was his turn to start school a couple of weeks later at Miss Patty's Place.  He got all ready in his new shoes that he said make him run really fast. 

when we got there though I could tell how nervous he was.  He went though without crying or anything.  I was a little nervous to go pick him up because I was worried about him, but I didn't need to be.  when I picked him up he was beyond happy.  One of the happiest I have ever seen him.  He loved it so much!  In fact when he learned that he didn't get to go every day at first he was pretty upset.   but now he is just super thrilled when I tell him it is a Miss Patty Day.  He is growing so much there too.  I love watching him mature and change.

No comments: