Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Money Pit

We are starting to wish we were renters rather than homeowners. Over the past week and a half our sewer has backed up into the basement three times. We called a plumber the first time and they came and supposedly took care of it. Then three days later our darling daughter decided to flush her entire pack of flushable wipes down the toilet. Backed up again. Kevin fixed it we thought, but then a few days later I went down to discover it backed up AGAIN!! Kevin spent all weekend working on it, and it seems to be better, but who knows.

Then last night I got up in the middle of the night to get Nellie and I noticed that the house was really cold. So I went and checked the thermostat and realized that it was blowing cold air. So now our furnace isn't working. Calling a landlord to come fix stuff is sounding really good right about now.

1 comment:

Christen said...

I wonder if I will ever know what it's like to own a home! Sorry, Binny, that really is the pits. So glad you started a blog, my dear. It's about freakin' time!