Sunday, March 4, 2012

All About Lizzy

This is months too late, I like to do it around their birthday but better late than never.  Lizzy is my BIG girl.   I can't believe sometimes how grownup she has become.  When I was younger I thought it was funny how people used to say that kids grow up so fast.  And when you are a new mom, or a mom of a lot of little ones, the days sometimes seem so difficult and the kids seem like they will never get big and it will never get easier, and it seems like the next day you look around and your kids are big. That has really happened with my Lizzy.  I can remember so vividly the day she was born and now it has already been seven years.  I have really enjoyed having a bigger kid though, she is such a great help to me.  Lizzy has always been such a people pleaser and she still is.  She really wants to make Kevin and I happy and do all the things she is supposed to do.
 She has recently started taking piano lessons from one of my friends and the first week she was really good about practicing but then she has dropped off a little, like most kids I am sure, but I really think she has the desire to do it and she does practice when i ask her to.  She is also taking sewing lessons from my mom and she is so excited about it.  I think Lizzy is one of those people that wants to do everything and be good at it too.
She is still my little social girl and loves to make friends wherever we go.  If we go play at the park she finds someone playing there and makes friends with them.  She is a really really good big sister and is already mothering all the others.  Janie is very attached to Lizzy and calls her "my big sis"  Lizzy is so good at helping out with Russell.  If she hears him crying she is right there picking him up and carrying him around the house.  Lizzy loves to read and she is really good at it.  She is reading the Fairy books and she just loves them.  Lizzy is really excited about  turning eight this year.  She can't wait to be baptized and become a member of the church and receive the Holy Ghost.
This past year Lizzy has lost 6 teeth in about a six month period of time. She was pretty much gumming all her food for a while.  It was a pretty funny sight.  But she is starting to get a lot of her big teeth in now so now she can chew a bit better.
Some of Lizzy's favorite things are:
Singing, she loves listening to music and singing.  She loves the color purple. She loves dolphins.  Her favorite food is Hawaiian Haystack, her favorite treat is anything I make, she is so sweet and always tells me what a good cook I am and how good my meals are.  What a way to make a mom feel good. We sure adore our Lizzy girl.  How lucky the last 7 years have been to have this precious girl in our lives.

1 comment:

Grammie & Pa Pa said...

We just love Lizzy. She is just the sweetest girl ever. We love her laugh. We love how she always wants to do what is right. She is such an angel and has always been such a happy girl. We have such wonderful memories with our Lizzy girl! Can't wait to see her soon!