Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Janie's Rapunzel Party

We gave Janie her first friend birthday party and it was a hit!  I don't like to give them one too soon because I don't really feel like they really understand until they get a bit older.  I think 4 is a good one to start with.   I also really do not enjoy birthday parties.  Maybe that makes me a bad mom, but they just stress me out so much!  I decided though that I was not going to allow myself to feel stressed and  overdo it.  So we bought the invitations and bought the games and the pinata and just stayed really low key.  I mean these are three and four year olds.  If I did go all  out it would be to try and impress other moms because the little kids could care less.   The day of the party Jane was SO excited.  I love to see that!  She was so thrilled with everything which makes me so happy.  The day of the party I surprised her with a bunch of Rapunzel balloons and she was so excited about that.

We played a put Pascal on Rapunzel game and Jane didn't want to wear the blindfold, but said she would keep her eyes closed but of course she put it in the exact right spot, so of course she peeked.
I just love this picture of her. She has the cutest little smile.  Even though it's a little bit blurry.
Lizzy and Nellie were my very good helpers with the little girls.
We did coloring too, which Jane always loves.  I really think she could color all day every day and never get sick of it.  She is really good too.

We did the pinata  and it was funny because we told the girls to pull one of the strings, and when it was time for one of the little girls to go she grabbed all the strings and yanked before we had a chance to stop her. So the pinata lasted about a minute.



Janie was really excited about all of her presents, she is super easy to please, but she is so easy going that sometimes she doesn't say much even though she really likes it.
I did make her cake, because it is way too expensive to buy cakes and I think homemade ones taste better anyway.

Janie had such a good time for her first birthday party.  She is such a sweet little girl.  We love her SO much!

3 comments:

Kristi said...

How fun! I love that picture of her smiling too! She is just so beautiful! That cake looked amazing and I'm sure it tasted even better!! :)

Grammie & Pa Pa said...

Janie's first friend party, oh how fun. She looks like she really enjoyed it. Good job Binny for not going all out. Less stress is good for a mom. I'm sure she will remember it always. I can't believe she is 4 yrs old. Wow! We love her so much.

Grammie & Pa Pa said...

Janie's first friend party, oh how fun. She looks like she really enjoyed it. Good job Binny for not going all out. Less stress is good for a mom. I'm sure she will remember it always. I can't believe she is 4 yrs old. Wow! We love her so much.