Sunday, July 6, 2014

A California Fourth

We have lived here four years now and we have never spent the Fourth of July here. We always end up going to Utah because now they have the great fireworks and because it is the time most of the family is there so we get to see the most people. Since we are going to Washington in August, we decided that we were going to stay here and just celebrate with us. We figured that we would go to the parade after a plan to hike with some other families fell through.

I love the city of Roseville. I think it is a pretty great place, but I will just have to say that they put on the lamest parade ever! Roseville is a pretty big city, so I was expecting something much better then it was. It wasnt even as good as some of the small town parades that we went to in Kansas.

I did get this pretty great shot of my kids at the parade though, so there is always that.

After the parade we went down to a park where there were supposed to be all kinds of fun things going on, but there was only a couple of blow up things with incredibly long lines, and that is about it. We didn't end up staying too long because it really wasn't worth our while.

Nellie asked me to take a picture of her freckles because I told her how many of them she was getting. She was pretty excited. For some reason the girls really want freckles, and Jane really is working hard at being outside so she can get some, but so far no such luck.

Little Miss was just as cute as could be that day. I found this dress in some clothes that someone gave me and she just looked so darn cute in it.
Russ had fun playing on the playground. He found this pole and decided that he needed to try and slide down it like a fireman. In fact he even one night was climbing on the back of the couch and I asked him what he was doing and he said Im just trying to slide down the pole Mom! (our lamp that is in back of the couch)
` These kids are such monkeys, They love getting in any trees they can!
Lizzy is such a good sweet girl! I sure love her and I cant believe how grown up she is getting!
I sure love this guy!

When we got home we had a barbeque and hung out with grandma and grandpa. The boys had a good time watching the Dodger Game. It was fun becuase the Dodgers scored a bunch of runs and won the game so that always makes it fun.

Once it started getting dark we went out and lit some fireworks that Grandma got for us. They defiinitely don't have the kind of fireworks here that you can find in Utah and Kansas. I kept Annie up becasue I thoughtshewould love the fireworks but the exact oposite was true. She screamed her head off. Poor babywas just exhausted. She loves to go to bed early. Russ wasnt as excited as I thought he woudl be eitherr. He was so nervous to hold a sparkler. He definitely isn't a pyro yet.

After we lit ours off Kevin took the big girls and Russ down to the police station to watch the big city ones. They have a balcony where you can see them really well, but after a few minutes Lizzy said she was scared of the balcony so Russy said he was scared of the fireworks. It all went downhill from there. Oh well it definitely wasn't as good as we were used to in Utah, but we still had a fun day.

 

No comments: