Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Nellie's Baptism

It is hard to believe that our little Nellie girl has turned eight and it was time for her to be baptized. She had been looking forward to this day for a really long time. She was so excited that it was finally her turn. It was hard for her when Lizzy got baptized because she wants to do everything Lizzy does when she does it.

Another thing that she was really looking forward to was getting her new scriptures and her new white dress. I am happy that I am able to sew so that I can make what the girls want for their dresses. I hope that it makes it a bit more special that I made it for them rather than if we were just to buy it. We hired my friend Jenae to take pictures for us and she did such a great job. Nellie was so excited to go to the temple and take her pictures. She was absolutely glowing with happiness in her pictures. I love too that she loves her scriptures so much and you can tell in her pictures. These are just a bunch of my favorite ones.

 

The day of her baptism was great. It was nice that some of Kevy's family was able to come and take part in the day. One of my favorite pictures is one with her dad.

I'm glad that both sets of grandparents were able to be there.

Being baptized and receiving the Holy Ghost is such an amazing gift, and I am so glad that Nellie had such a desire to make those covenants. It was such a special day for Nellie and I hope that she will always remember it.

 

No comments: