Thursday, March 26, 2015

Runner girls

The school always does a fundraiser called a Jog-a-thon, where they have the kids run laps for a half hour. It was the week after I had Clara so Kevin was home so I was actually able to go and watch the kids do something at school. Something I don't get to do very often because I don't have anyone to watch the crazies at home. Nellie ended up having a dentist appointment during her running time, but she was really happy because she really hates running.

It was really fun to see Janie running because she isn't really all that into running, but because I was cheering her on she ran her little heart out. And every time she ran by me she would give me this big grin.

Lizzy lives for this. She was so excited and bound and determined to be the winner for the girls in her grade. The problem was that she was going up against one of her friends that is also into running and also trains every day for soccer and softball so she is in great shape. Lizzy was disappointed that she came in second, but I told her that if she trained as much as her friend that she would have easily beat her. Lizzy is pretty serious about wanting to be a runner so I think we will have to take more time with her to cultivate this passion of hers. She really does have the natural ability.

 

 

 

No comments: