Thursday, December 29, 2016

Christmas Day

Christmas fell on a Sunday this year and we have 9 o'clock church so I thought surely they will make it later so we can do all the Christmas stuff before going to church, but they didn't.  Instead something magical happened. It became about celebrating our Savior and his birth instead of opening presents.  It was wonderful!  I honestly wish Christmas could fall on a Sunday every year so that we could always have our focus where it belongs.

We did allow the kids to look at their Santa gifts before we got ready for church.  We did however deiced to let Clara sleep as long as possible. we figured a grumpy baby is not something we need to deal with!

 Annie got a really nice dolly stroller since she is really into babies and her other stroller broke.
 Jane was so excited that she finally got the iPod shuffle that she had been wanting;
 Lizzy got the game she asked for. It was a scary game that she played with her cousins at Thanksgiving that she really loved.



Russ asked for some walkie talkies. They were dodger blue which I think made them even better!




Nellie was excited about her Legos she got from Santa. She really has been into them lately.


 This crazy baby was having fun giving me snuggles. She got lots of babies this year because she has started to like playing them with her sister Annie.

 Nellie gave Annie her old doll as a gift because  Annie loves playing with it so much. It was really sweet of Nellie.
 Russell has been really into sports lately so we got him this basketball hoop so he could play. I love that he loves to be athletic and outside.

 This was the year of clothes for Lizzy. She is really growing up and wanting older stuff. Its crazy that she isn't little anymore!




 Clara has an obsession with hats and she especially loved the Santa hat.
 Russell is always asking Kevin if there is anything to build, he loves to help Kevin with stuff. So when we saw this kid tool box with real tools we thought it would be a good present.
 Ever since I got my poncho Janie was wanting one.  And let me tell you it was not easy finding one, but I loved this one when I found it and I thought it looked so much like Janie bug!

 Clara got the cutest outfit from Grandma and Grandpa for Christmas and she just loved the sweater that came with it and had to wear it the rest of the day. She also got the cutest cabbage patch baby that was named Clara. She is really starting to like babies just like her sister Annie.
 Nellie loves cozy stuff and you can see how excited she was to get a fuzzy sweater.
 I am never very good at getting a ton of pictures. I just get so engrossed in watching the kids that I forget, but that's ok, I did get some.  I didn't however get any pictures with my parents which is kind of sad because this is our last year of having them live here with us. We are getting so sad thinking about how soon the time is coming that they are moving. I honestly don't like to think about it because we have sure loved having them nearby.

No comments: