Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Back to School

The kids went back to school as soon as we got back from our trip to Florida.  School actually had started two days before but I wasn't about to miss my trip for the first two days where they don't do anything!  It was Annie's first day of Kindergarten, first grade for Russ, Fourth Grade for Jane, Seventh for Nellie and Eighth for Lizzy. 




Clara didn't want to miss out on pictures with the rest of the kids.

I rode bikes with the kids on the first day since they had extra bags to carry with school supplies.  When we got there the Kindergarten kids were already lining up inside the gate because they go earlier on Mondays. They also asked parents to not come inside the classroom after the first two days. I'm sure since it was Annie's first day that they would have let me come, but I asked Annie if she wanted me to and she said "no, I'm fine Mom." She took her stuff and ran around and lined up with her class and I saw her talking to her teacher and introducing herself.  I just love this girl!  She has so much courage and self confidence and she is fierce.

Russ was pretty nervous since he isnt quite as confident as Annie and so I had to go stand with him and find his teacher.  He did so great too though. I'm so proud of my kids and how they are happy and well adjusted, they really do so well in these types of situations. Jane also did great too of course. She was happy that her good friend Max was in her class again! They have been in the same class every year but one, and that is really crazy with all the classes there are.
Lizzy and Nellie started their last year of Middle School together.  I'm not sure they really enjoy being around each other at school, but Im hoping one day that will change. These pictures  were actually from the second day since it was tehir picture day.  They looked so beuatiful that day and it was so crazy to see how just how much they had grown up!
Lizzy's bangs were such an adjustment at first but seeing her here made her look so much older.  I love them!

No comments: