Saturday, April 14, 2007

Our Easter Adventure

We decided last minute to go to St. George for Easter. We decided to surprise Kevin's sisters and not tell them. We made it there on Wednesday the 4th. That evening I went to get Nellie up from her nap and she started throwing up. It was so sad and totally freaked me out because every few minutes she would throw up some more. She is so little as it is and I worry about her not growing. She already had diarrhea that wouldn't go away ( the Doctor said there wasn't anything wrong, she just had diarrhea for some mysterious reason) So we decided to run her to the Doctor and he said there wasn't really anything we could do except keep her hydrated. So when we laid her in bed that night Lizzy woke up and threw up everywhere. I really love cleaning up vomit, it is really my favorite. Lizzy seemed fine the next day so we went to Cafe Rio, where she threw up again. Our trip was not turning out how we had hoped to say the least. Kevin's brother and dad were sick that day too with the stomach flu, and then it just started cycling through everyone. I got it the next day, Kevin got it the day after and so on until pretty much everyone in the whole extended family had gotten it. Thankfully it was just a 24 hour thing, but it still made it hard to do much of anything because of everyone being sick. We did do an Easter egg hunt with the grand kids. and we did have fun, just not as much as we were hoping to have. Lizzy did have a really good time with her cousins. Especially her cousin Brinlee. They have both gotten to the age where they get along really well and love to be together. I got strep the day we traveled home so I was pretty miserable for a few more days. All in all it just didn't turn out the way we had hoped. I am just hoping we have better luck this week, as me and the girls are going to Sacramento.

No comments: