Thursday, November 5, 2009

Halloween Stuff

Halloween is always fun because it is the beginning of the holidays and that is my favorite time of year. I found this sucker making kit and I knew the girls would love it and of course they did, Nellie very much enjoyed making her green ghost. Lizzy made herself a kitty and then they made some suckers for some of their friends. When they were done I let the girls have a few bites of theirs. Nellie gave me back hers, and then a few minutes later we couldn't find Nellie, she had hidden under the table and was nibbling on her green ghost. Lizzy wanted to take her sucker to bed to sleep with it, and when we said no she was all sad, she is always wanting to take things to bed with her, she is funny.

On Halloween we carved pumpkins, or Kevin and I carved while the girls watched. Kevy carved Lizzy's, it was a cat and really cute. It was a good thing that Kevin did hers because it was more complex than the ghost one that Nellie wanted, and Kevin has way more patience than I do with these sorts of things.


Nellie didn't want to get the guts out, but I made her at least try it. She wasn't all that fond of doing it and she made me do the rest.

The girls sure were proud of their pumpkins. You would have thought they carved them themselves.


The girls were so cute in their costumes. I made Nelle be little Bo Peep, because it is such a cute costume and I wanted to get good use out of it, plus the sheep costume fit Janie this year, so how could I not. I don't think Nellie was too thrilled but she was a good sport. I promised her next year I will make her whatever costume she wants. We went to a local trunk-or-treat and to a few friends houses. The girls had lots of fun, it was nice because it was a pretty warm night so the girls didn't freeze to death. I decided not to take a bucket for Jane because then I would just end up eating the candy myself and I really don't need anymore sweets then I already get.


Janie wasn't too happy at the time so we didn't get the best picture of her. She was quite happy once we went out trick or treating though and she kept her hat on the whole time.
Cute Little Bo Peep. I am going to make Janie wear this one too, it is just so cute.

Lizzy wanted to be a "Sheerleader" as she says. Of course it had to be out of the shiny fabric, I found the R and thought it would be good for Richeys. She is definitely the cheerleader type, this is just a preview I think for a few years down the road. I wish we would have taken more pictures because for some reason these last two turned out fuzzy. Oh well.

5 comments:

Christen said...

I'm lovin' your hair, Binny! Glad you had a fun Halloween, the girls look darling as always!

Joy :) said...

What cute costumes--as always! Glad you had a fun Halloween! I love the chocolate pops ideas.

Goddard Family said...

The girls look so cute! What fun memories...

Grammie & Pa Pa said...

What cute girls! Lizzy's costume turned out way cute. Also, good use of previous costumes. I remember when Lizzy was Bo Peep and Nellie the cute little sheep. They all look so darling we just love them all!!!

Leavitt Family said...

Cute cute cute!!! I remember the first time we came to Kansas and Lizzy was the lamb!!! Janie baby looks soooo cute!!! Lots of fun updates Binny good job!!!