Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Lizzy's 5!?!

I know that every Mom feels this way but how can my little girl be 5 already! It is just crazy to me how fast times flies! Because we don't live in a place that has anything we had to go down to Salina to get Lizzy's present and October was insane with how busy we were, so it was Lizzy's birthday and we still hadn't gotten her a present, so I dropped Lizzy off at preschool and made the hour trek with Nellie and Jane to Salina to get Lizzy's bike. I was planing on getting her a Hello Kitty purple bike, but when I saw this Barbie bike that was very fancy, I knew Lizzy would like it better. She has been really into Barbies lately.
When we got home and unpacked the bike for her she loved it, but she was disappointed that there weren't any presents the she got to unwrap. We told her that Sunday we would have a birthday party for her and there would be presents for her to unwrap. She was quite alright with having another day that would be all about her.

Lizzy really has wanted a flower cake, and I just didn't want to spend the money to buy another expensive shaped pan so I just made this one up myself, It definitely wasn't my best cake I have made, but I had to make it when we got home from trick-or-treating and I didn't get done until almost 11:00 that night. When Lizzy woke up the next morning and saw it she was so excited and said "it's beautiful Mom!" So as long as she like it and thought it looked good, that was all that mattered.
After cake Lizzy opened presents and that is when Nellie started freaking out, she wanted to open a present and Lizzy wouldn't let her. Nellie went in our bedroom and shut the door and cried. It was sad. The good thing is Christmas is close, so I just went in there and told her after everyone left we could go online and look at some things she could get for Christmas. That helped a little.
Lizzy got a microphone and an amplifier from Grammie and Papi and that was such an awesome present because she is such a singer and she loves to hear herself on the microphone. She got CD's from the Leavitts, s that she could sing along to them and she loves to sing along. She got a barbie and pretty horse from Grandma and Grandpa, it was great because it got there the next day, so she got to extend her birthday out over a week. Thanks everyone for the presents, Lizzy loved them all.

6 comments:

Sandy said...

I can't believe she is already 5..no way! She is such a cute little girl..we just love her! I didnt see the Halloween pictures yet either, they look so cute in their costumes! I am going to fly out there and squeeze Jane, she is so dang cute! (well they're all cute!) But ya, I hope you guys are doing good..I will mail out Lizzy's b-day card tomorrow, sorry I'm a total procrastinator! Love you guys!

Kristi said...

Lizzy is getting so big! I can always remember the day Dave and I met since it was the day she was born! We just love her!! And of course of other 2! We miss you guys!!! Love you!

ROB AND HOLLY said...

Happy Birthday Lizzy! What a cute bike! Kenadee is into barbie lately, too. I'll have to look for that one.

Goddard Family said...

wow happy birthday Lizzy! Loved the bike...she is too cute! It's hard watching them grow up so fast.

Grammie & Pa Pa said...

We just love Lizzy so much. She really is a happy girl! Papi says she is such a cute girl. We love to watch her sing. What a performer! She is such a good girl and is always trying to do what is right! You and Kevin are doing such a good job as parents! Keep up the good work!!

Leavitt Family said...

We just love Lizzy to pieces!!! She makes my day every time that I see her!!! I love her sweet personality and her love for everyone!!! I am sooooo glad we are here with you guys so that we can see her so often!!! Thanks for sharing your presents with your cousins!!! We love you Lizzy!!!!