Wednesday, September 15, 2010

First Day of School! First Day of School!

Lizzy started Kindergarten this year. So sad, I am not ready for my kids to grow up. But seriously she was the most excited kid to start. If we had lived here in California last year she would have started then because the cut off date is December 1st, but she will just be one of the oldest in her class, which I am sure she will love. Lizzy is one of the most outgoing social people I know and I love it! I wish I was more like her. She wasn't at all nervous to start and every day for the first couple of weeks when I would pick her up she would say, "I made a new friend today!" She is doing amazing and even though she will probably have to switch schools in a month or two when we move into our own house, I am not worried about Lizzy at all. We told her and she just said, "I will just make more friends!" She wanted to dress extra special so for Lizzy that means a skirt or dress. She would wear a dress every day if I would let her.





We found the coolest preschool for Nellie to go to. The teacher is amazing and all the activities they do are awesome. They have farm animals and a garden they grow and a million art projects. I was so happy that we found it. Nellie's preschool didn't start until the next week after Lizzy's school started, which was hard for Nellie. She was so excited to start and sad to say so was I. I was hoping that school would help Nellie to be more happy, because she had been so unhappy for the last couple of months. Sure enough everyday that she goes to school she is like a different kid. She is so happy and cooperative and kind and sweet. I love it. She wishes school was everyday. She is so good at school too, her teacher adores her, so that always makes a parent feel good. At least she is good for other people even if she isn't for me.
Do you like the Jaguar outfit? Nellie really wanted to get a skirt because Lizzy had one, so I took her to the store and wouldn't you know Nellie spotted this one first thing (jaguar radar I am telling you!) I didn't even see it at the store, it was hidden behind a bunch of stuff. But she of course saw it. Then I was in JCPenny glancing through the clearance and found this shirt, green and jaguar, couldn't be more perfect.


I have such mixed feelings about my kids getting big. They are so fun now and I love the big girls they have grown into, but I am sad they will never be those cute little toddlers again. Oh well, we just have to enjoy every single day.

2 comments:

ROB AND HOLLY said...

They are growing up WAY too fast!! So glad you made it to California. Such a long drive!! And your cupcakes turned out SOOO cute..good job!

Grammie & Pa Pa said...

We just love all the pictures. The girls are so beautiful. Lizzy is such a little model. It was so good to see you all, it made me realize how much I miss you. Thank you for coming! We love you all and look forward to reading your blog and hopefully visiting some time!