Sunday, September 12, 2010

Nellie is 4!!

Poor Nellie, her birthday really just fell at the wrong time this year. We were in the middle of packing everything up and were were so busy that I sort of talked her into celebrating her birthday later. So I made her just a plain cake, (green of course) for her birthday at home and told her as soon a we moved we would have her jaguar birthday party that she was really wanting. She wanted a bike for her birthday so we decided to wait until we got to California to get it. She did get money from Grammie and Papi so she got herself a Diego leapster game, which she of course loves. So she wasn't totally deprived. Nellie has always loved Diego and green, but lately she has been really into jaguars, even more than the other two things. She thinks that any kind of leopard print is jaguar and she goes absolutely crazy over it. Grandma spotted this jaguar furry vest and just knew that Nellie would love it, well, she brought it home and it was in the trunk, and Nellie came outside so my mom hurried and covered it up so that Nellie couldn't see it, but Nellie comes walking up and says "Grandma what is that Jaguar thing right there?" You could barely see a little part of it, and only if you were really looking, but we say that Nellie has jaguar radar because she spotted it first thing.
As you can see she was just a little bit excited to open it up and try it on.

Here are the dang jaguar cupcakes that I was dreading making for months. I kept trying to talk Nellie out of them but that was not going to happen. They took really long to make , but I had some helpers, my brother Joseph and nephew Chandler helped me do some of the assembling so it didn't take an eternity to make them.
I made the one on top with green eyes for Nellie and she came down while we were decorating them and said, "I know which one I want to have, that one with the green eyes." I hadn't even told her about it yet and of course she noticed that it had green eyes.

No comments: