Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy Halloween!

We had a super great Halloween this year! It was really low key since I decided not to make the costumes and stress myself out. We did realize that we hadn't carved pumpkins and you can't have Halloween without carving pumpkins, so I ran to the store and grabbed some and we hurried and carved them before we went out trick-or-treating. It really was the very first year that the girls have actually gone trick-or-treating. We just have done trunk-or-treats in the past, and Lizzy was SO excited to do the actual thing. I was surprised Jane didn't mind getting the guts out. Usually my kids refuse to do it since it is so slimy.


Our cute pumpkin. Lizzy got this outfit when she was a baby and they all (except Jane) have worn it. Jane was too big by the time it was Halloween. He was such a darn cute pumpkin I would have to say.

I had suggested that Jane be a ladybug and she was all for it, then I remembered that we already had the outfit, I had bought it for her last year and she wouldn't wear it, so that worked out great.


Nellie changed her mind probably fifty times on what she wanted to be for Halloween so I suggested a butterfly since Lizzy and Jane were both insects and thankfully she went for it.






I still can't believe I have FOUR kids! It has been pretty smooth as long as we are healthy.


Our finished product. Kevy did the Dora one for Jane because he is much more meticulous and patient with pumpkin carving than I am.

3 comments:

Christen said...

Oh CONGRATULATIONS!! He is so handsome and fits right in with big sisters. Looks like a fun Halloween! Will you email me your new address when you get a chance?

Chanelle said...

What a good mommy! Even with a brand new baby still keeping up with all your fun traditions! The girls look adorable in their costumes and so does little Russell:)

Goddard Family said...

Love all of the costumes....little Russell is too cute! Congrats to you both! xoxo