Monday, December 5, 2011

Lizzy's Girlie Party

We weren't going to give Lizzy a party since her birthday fell too close to the time that I was going to be having Russell, but since I had him early I decided to do a party for Lizzy as long as it was an easy one and not too close to her birthday. She was so funny because I told her she could have 8 friends, and she made her list of eight friends over and over again, rewriting it and rewriting it. Then although we had made a date, she had already told her friends about it and i hadn't sent out the invites yet and she would tell me everyday, "my friends are wondering when the party is going to be." and I just said, tell them it hasn't changed and when it gets closer we will send out invitations. So silly.
I decided to do a nail and hair party since that was pretty easy and I didn't have to do much planning for it. My awesome friend Alisa came over and did the hair which was so cool because I can't do much and she can do so many things in it. And I made cupcakes because they were much easier than doing an elaborate cake. The problem was that I fed Russell right before the party thinking he would go down for a nap and sleep the whole time, and he didn't sleep at all. In fact he screamed pretty much the whole time and I couldn't hold him because I was doing nails and Alisa was doing hair so she couldn't hold him either. And Lizzy was too busy with friends to help me out. Then one of the little girls came up to Lizzy when she was right by me and told her how much his crying was bothering her ears and Lizzy said "I know!" I seriously wanted to beat them for saying that. I felt so frustrated because I couldn't hold him and Lizzy was kind of being a punk.
Then we ran out of time because the hair and nails took so long to do that we had to rush through the presents and cake because parents were already arriving. It was crazy and I am just glad it is over. I am glad I don't have to do another birthday party for a while because they are definitely NOT my thing.





Lizzy did have fun, and she did tell me thanks afterward without being prompted so that was good.



Thank goodness that I had Alisa there. She was such a lifesaver!

I still can't believe that my Lizzy is 7!

2 comments:

Grammie & Pa Pa said...

Girlie Party's are so much fun. If I could have been there, I would have held Russell. The girls look so cute. They are all growing up and we can't believe how big Russell is. They are all so cute and we miss you and can't wait to plan another trip out to see you. Love you all!!

Goddard Family said...

So cute....seriously she is so beautiful! Happy Birthday sweet girl!