Sunday, June 24, 2012

Nellie's Kindergarten Graduation!

My little Nellie Belle is so big! She graduated from Kindergarten!  She was so silly because she didn't want to dress up because she was worried that no one else would, but I knew all the other kids would be, and of course I was right.  She just loves her green polka dot dress, which of course makes me so happy!  She was so big up there singing all the songs.  They even sang the New York New York song but changed it to First Grade First Grade.  It really is so hard to believe how fast time flies.  Nellie blossomed so much in Kindergarten.  It is amazing how smart she is.  She picked up reading so easily and math too.  I am so grateful for that!  One surprising thing about Nellie is she is very social.  Every time we were leaving school all the kids would be saying "Bye Nellie"  I was worried that she wouldn't be like Lizzy in that regard but she is.  I am so grateful for that.  I really struggled with that as a kid, so I am so glad to see my kids not have an issue of making friends. 

 She is such a pretty girl with her special blond hair.  She just loves that she has the very blond hair and she is always telling me that her friends always tell her how beautiful her hair is.  So silly.
 We wish that Daddy could have come, but Janie, Russell and my mom and I got to see the big girl.
 Nellie really loved her teacher Mrs. Gill.  I loved her too.  We were so lucky this year, both the girls teachers were So amazing.  We are sad to say goodbye to them.
Nellie and her best friend Olivia.  I'm sure they wont be in the same class next year, because that just doesn't seem to happen, but hopefully they can stay close.  I would have to say I am super excited for her to go to first grade!  She was too bored at home with me in the morning, all day school will be so good for her, and me!

No comments: