Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Independence Day

 We had such a fun time in Utah for the 4th.  No one does a celebration for the 4th quite like Provo.  We got up early and went to the parade and walked and fought the crowds and all that jazz that we do for the kids, and I just don't know if I will do it again.  I just don't think it is worth it.  They don't seem to enjoy it that much so why make all the effort.  Who knows.  After that we went back to Chanelle's and everyone came over and hung out.
We had to take a picture of the silly kids in their cute clothes. Someone gave this outfit to Russell from Kevy's work so I am glad I remembered to bring it on this trip since it is really the only day for him to wear it. I really love this picture of the kids they all look so darn cute in it.
Janie and Jack really had such a good time together.  I am so glad the kids have cousins their age to play with.  It makes it so much fun.  We made an easy dinner of subs since we were going to the Stadium of Fire and we wanted to leave early enough to park sort of close.  I was so worried about taking Russell because I knew we were not going to get home until midnight or later, and he goes to bed around 7.  And he will not fall asleep anywhere but his bed.  But my awesome sister-in-law Kristen watched him for us so that we could enjoy the show.  It was so wonderful of her.
The kids waited patiently (or not so patiently for some) for the show to start. 

Lizzy wanted us to take a picture of her in this pose.  So cute.  She was pointing to the Beach Boys.
Nellie was not too thrilled with us this day. She threw a giant fit because she wanted a drink of water and them an even bigger fit because that is all we would buy for her. I hope that one day this little gal will figure things out and choose to be happy, but she really struggles a lot right now.  She is one of those kids that is looking for something to be unhappy about, and as we all know you can always find something to be unhappy about.
She did try to smile for the family picture but it was a little bit forced.  I appreciate her trying though!
We waited so long for the Beach Boys that the girls were getting pretty restless.  The show was freaking amazing but there was a lot of stuff at the beginning that they could have done without.  The fireworks were beyond my wildest expectations, they were so so good.  I don't know if I would ever take that small of kids again though.  It was just too late for them to stay up.  The next day Nellie threw up and had a fever, so we sent her back to bed. She slept three hours and woke up fine.  I think she was just so tired that it made her sick.
It was so fun to watch the Beach Boys,  and let the girls learn some of the songs I listened to growing up.  We had a beach Boys tape that we listened to in our car on road trips as a kid, so I have such fond memories of them!  It was fun to have the girls come home and get out their CD and sing and dance to it!

No comments: