Thursday, October 25, 2012

Russ is ONE!!!!

My baby boy is one!  That had to be that fastest year of my life!  I think as your kids get older the time just keeps going faster and faster!  We have LOVED having our little man in the family.  He has brought so much joy and happiness to us!  He is such a happy, happy guy.  We love it.  Everywhere we go people comment on his smile and ask us if he is always smiling, and he is!  The kid is always smiling and laughing and trying to get someones attention so they will look at him and he can smile for them.  He really is the little boy version of Lizzy.  He is the happiest, most social kid!  He is also SUPER busy just like Lizzy was.  He is always getting into something and climbing up on something.  We have to keep lots of doors shut and cupboards locked because he is always trying to get into things he shouldn't.  One of his favorite things is to climb up in the dishwasher and unload it when it is open.  I swear he somehow knows when I have it open and he will come from the other part of the house to get into it.  He loves cars and anything that has wheels on it that he can make go.  We got him a buch of cars and things for his birthday because that is all he wants to play with.   

He is of course very small just like the rest of my kids.  I was hoping he would weigh 20 lbs at a year but not even close.  18 lbs. 15 oz.  (3rd percentile) he was about 50th for his height though, so that's not too bad.  We love our little babies.  I think they are so cute.  And hey at least I don't have to worry about childhood obesity right?  The crazy thing is he is an amazing eater.  He eats everything and there isn't anything that he won't eat.  He is a bit of a social eater too.  If he has already eaten but we are eating he acts like he is starving to death.  He also has to have a lot of food on his plate at once or he starts grunting at me.  It really is quite silly.
Russell started walking a couple of weeks ago and he is now starting to favor it a lot more.  He still falls down a lot but he is doing good.  Russell is such a good baby besides the busy factor.  He sleeps great, through the night since he was about 5 months for a good 12 hrs.  I am lucky.  He loves his little blue fleece blanket and can't sleep without it.  It is funny because it is just a random blanket, but he really latched on to it. He sucks his thumb, which I at fist really tried to stop, but there was just no use.  And he only does it when he goes to bed with his blanket. So I think it is pretty adorable.  I just love this little guy so much and I can't believe that we finally got a little boy.  He really adds so much to our family and we can't imagine life without him!

Is he not the CUTEST little boy you ever saw?  Well I think so anyway.

No comments: