Friday, December 28, 2012

December Fun

We love Christmas time so much!  There are so many fun things to do.  It is so fun to have activities to do every night.  One of our favorites was Christmas dancing, but I didn't get a picture of that.  We have treats and an activity most nights and I love it, but sometimes the girls get a bit out of control and start to demand a lot and it starts to stress me out a bit.  But we do love doing stuff.  I really want them to have great memories of Christmas.

 The girls got a special afternoon with Grandma.  She came up and spent the afternoon with them and made cookies and some ornaments and played games with her.  They loved it.  I loved it because I got to go and get my Christmas shopping mostly done.  It was really nice!
 Our ward has a breakfast for the kids and an adult dinner.  Both were great.  It was nice to get away with Kevin and have a nice dinner with some friends.  The three wise men came to the breakfast and then we got to go and get dressed up and take our picture with them. Although this was just two of them.  Russ wasn't really liking the headdress I had on and he was sad.
 It wouldn't be Christmas without frosting some sugar cookies.  I always make a lot because they are Kevy's favorite. And the girls love doing their own.

 Nellie always seems to make silly faces.
 The girls were having fun raking our leaves.  Our fall comes more in late November and December so there were lots to rake up.  It is nice still being able to go and play outside without freezing to death.
 Russ found this little golf cart and spent a good half hour dragging it around.  He loved it so much and has seemed to develop a love for golf.  He found one of the clubs and drags that with him all over the house all the time.  it is really cute and makes Kevy hopeful.
 Nellie was in her school performance of The Polar Express.  It was so cute.  She sang her heart out with the songs and she had one of the main reading parts too.  She did such an amazing job.  I was SO proud of her!


 Janie had her preschool performance and looked so pretty!  She was a cute little elf and did such a great job singing the songs.  The funny part was when Santa came and tried to shake all of the kids hands.  All the other kids were soo excited but when he came to Janie she refused and had the funniest look on her face like "uh no thanks, you kind of freak me out."  Afterward it took quite a bit of coaxing to get her to sit on Santa's lap. She only did it because Nellie wanted to get the candy cane and coloring book and made Jane go with her.


 She was like "hurry and take this picture so I can get down!"

 This year we saw this Gingerbread Train Kit and I decided it was a good change of pace.  I am glad I did because it was WAY easier to put together than the houses and much easier to frost too!  I hope they sell them again next year!


 The girls even got their own train piece to decorate too. We always love decorating stuff for Christmas!
Russ has become quite the climber and he wanted to join in on the train making. Such a silly monkey!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Such cute kids I want to squeeze them all! Janie is growing up too fast!! It looks like you guys did lots of fun Christmas activities. I can't wait till Layla can do stuff like that! Cute little Russell with his golf club :) maybe he can be a pro golfer one day ;) love you guys!