Tuesday, December 4, 2012

All About Lizzy-8 years

This is one of my favorite pictures of Lizzy.  She was so happy and proud to turn eight and get baptized.  I don't think I understood all about it the way that she did when I turned eight and was baptized.  She has set such a good example to me with her enthusiasm about the gospel.  She loves going to church so much.  And not just for the social aspect.  She loves to learn about Jesus and the gospel.  I love it!
Lizzy is such a special girl.  I knew from the first time I laid eyes on her that she was going to touch a lot of people with her light.  She is just so full of life and light.  It just radiates from her.
I was so very blessed to have her as my firstborn.  She is like my little sidekick and helper.  I can always count on her to help me with whatever I need.  A lot of the time she does more than her fair share of cleaning and picking up because she does such a good job and her sisters lack in that department.  She does get pretty bossy sometimes and I have to let her know that it isn't her job to discipline her siblings.
Lizzy is getting so grown up.  She has really gotten into music this last year. Every time we get in the car she tells me either to change the station or that she really likes this song and then she starts singing.  Its funny because if I want to listen to a song that I like that she doesn't she just acts like, :gosh mom I can't believe that you like this song!"  Her favorite artist is Taylor Swift and she gets so excited when she hears one of her songs on the radio.
I know I have mentioned it before, but Lizzy really has gotten into Harry Potter lately.  It is one of her favorite things and she wants a Harry Potter party and she wants Harry Potter stuff for Christmas. I think it is so funny that she loves it so much.
Another surprising thing about Lizzy is how much she loves basketball.  She asked for a basketball for her birthday and she takes it to school all the time and plays.  She told me that she played against some older boys and beat them. It doesn't surprise me,  Lizzy is the kind of kid that can do anything. She has a tremendous amount of self confidence and I really love that about her.  I never did, and I love that she doesn't struggle with poor feelings of self esteem.
Lizzy's favorite food is Hawaiian Haystack.  She gets so excited when I make it, but she is also the very best eater and eats everything and likes it.  She always knows how to make me feel good.  She always tells me "Mom it was AMAZING!"  So so sweet!
Lizzy really has developed a love for reading, which I love too.  She and I have started reading together, which was something I loved to do with my mom, so I am so glad that she likes to have me read chapter books to her.  The other girls are too young still to listen, but Lizzy and I have fun doing it.
I can't believe my Lizzy is 8!  I am so glad I was blessed with her sweet spirit to take care of.  I feel so lucky!  What an amazing girl she is and she brightens up our home so much!

No comments: