Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Fourth

I really think the Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. It is so fun to be together with family and enjoy a barbecue and fireworks. I love how everyone dresses up in their red white and blue clothes too! Almost every year we have gone out to Utah to celebrate. My brother Bryce and his family have come out too, and that makes it so fun because there is not anyone more fun with fireworks than Bryce. He is almost 40 and yet he is still like a little kid when it comes to fireworks, and I love that! Between him and everyone else there was almost 500 dollars in fireworks I think. The crazy thing is that the Price's house where we did it is in a cul-de-sac and three other families there spent about the same amount of money so we were watching fireworks for almost two hours that night. It was awesome!

I thought the kids were so cute in their outfits. I still look at them sometimes and think "wow! we have 5 kids!"

I love how much fun these kids have with their cousins! Kelli and Lance didn't have anywhere to go so they came and joined us. It was so much fun to have more family!

Nellie riding someones easy roller. I had never seen these things before, but the kids just love them.

Russ was pretty much a nightmare this whole trip. He didn't want anyone but Kevin pretty much the whole trip, and he was sooo whiney! But he did enjoy the sparklers although he was a little nervous, and he even allowed me to do them with him. Such a silly guy. Russ has been really obsessed with guys lately. He doesn't want anything to do with any of the aunts or any other women, but the uncles and big boy cousins he thinks are so darn cool. he will go up and kind of hit them on the chest but it isn't a hit, it is a tap like "hey you are like me!" Honestly I think he just knows he is surrounded by girls and he just doesn't want anything to do with any more girls.

Aunt Mel and little Annie

I love this picture because both of the little guys are sobbing, so funny!

Me and my honey, I sure do love this guy!

I love this picture! All the kids eating their ice cream cones. I just love how much my kids love their cousins! I never was close to my cousins growing up, so it is so amazing to see just how much these kids love each other!

 

1 comment:

Kristi said...

How fun, I didn't know Kelli and Lance hung out with you guys! Such fun memories with all of their cousins! Can't wait to make some when I come to visit you guys!