Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Rain!!!

We love living where we live! One of the things we love is that we get a good amount of rain but not too much that it get annoying. But we have been having one of the worst droughts on record this past year. It has been so bad that even though I really don't worry about things like that I have been really stressed about it. Our local reservoir has never been this low, it was down to 17 percent! Totally crazy!

On Fast Sunday the First Presidency asked us to fast for rain and it was the first time that I can really remember joining so many people in fasting for the same thing. It really was such a neat experience. The thing that was even cooler was three days after the fast the rain came. It was one of the biggest storms we have had in years. It was truely incredible to feel that the Lord was blessing us for our fast and our faithfulness. The lake rose 14 feet from this storm! It was a miracle! We still have a long way to go to get back to normal but this was a great start!

The kids were having so much fun playing in the backyard with the umbrellas and playing in the rain. Lizzy was using mine because she left hers at school and lost it. Kids!! Oh well!

Russ really loved being with the girls and especially playing on the tramp. It was really cute.

 

1 comment:

Grammie & Pa Pa said...

So, I finally remembered to get on your blog now that you don't post on instagram and I don't do facebook.I also got a new computer tower so blogging was gone. I have spent the last few hours catching up on your blog. I have throughly enjoyed myself and loved all the pictures and comments. I promise to be better at reading your blog. It has been fun to see the kids growing up and remembering times spent together. You and Kevy are doing such a good job and are so good for each other. And the grandkids, well they are just the cutest ever!! I am getting excited to see you at the wedding!! Love you all