Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Valentines Day

I have always felt like Valentines was kind of a lame holiday. So a few years ago I decided that I wanted to make it more fun. I started doing a valentines dinner for all the loves in my life, because I have a bunch of them! And it has been something that everyone really looks forward to and enjoys. When I was a kid we always made heart cakes and decorated them ourselves and gave them to friends. So I decided to continue that tradition but I just make big heart sugar cookies instead because it is a little easier to frost and decorate them.

It was really fun to have Russy participate this year. I let him decorate a cookie for a little friend, but then he decided that he would eat as he was decorating, so we deicded to let him just eat it himself. LIzzy decorated hers for her friends Macy and Erica.

These two little girls were decorating them for their boyfriends. Both Jane and Nellie have boys that they really like. It was cute. Jane has a little boy that she goes to preschool and church with named Jed and they both like eachother. In fact they are telling everyone that they are getting married. It is pretty funny. Nellie gave hers to a boy in her class that she is in love with named Jace. He used to live in our ward but they have since moved but they still go to the same school. It was pretty fun delivering the cookies and seeing the kids get excited to get them.

I decided that it would be better if I just frosted the cookies and then they could decorate them because in the past it has been hard for them to frost them and then they were contaminating the frosting with their germs so it just worked out better this way.

We decorated the cookies on the 13th and then delivered them after school the next day and then came home and had our special dinner. I was actually really proud of how well I decorated the table just using stuff I found around the house. Kevin and I have been trying really hard to save money and I have been doing a pretty good job at it. Not to toot my own horn or anything.

I always make a homemade pizza for Valentines Day. It started as individual heart shaped pizzas and then one big heart one and then this year I just decided forget wasting the dough to make a heart shaped one so I just made a regular one. Sometimes I am more about what is practical.

Not the best picture. I'm not sure what happended, but Nellie's face makes me laugh! It was another good Valentines day with my loves!! I hope that the kids can look back on their childhood and remember lots of fun things that we did together as a family.

 

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Youre such a fun mom! I love that you do the valentines dinner. That is so cute that Nellie and Jane have little boyfriends ha ha..you'll have to get pictures of them together ;)