Monday, March 24, 2014

Funny Boy

Russ is at the best age right now! We love this boy sooo much and get such a kick out of him! I had to write down some of the things that he has been saying and doing lately because they are so fun and darling and I really want to always remember them.

I know I have said it many times before but Russ is obsessed with his Dad. Kevy is just everything to Russy and on the days when Kevin doesn't work Russ will ask him, "Dad no work daday?" and Kevin will say no and Russ will say "play with Russy?" When Kevy is at work he will ask me sometimes 30 times a day, "mom, where's dad?" and I will tell him he is at work and then a minute later he is asking me again.

Russ has started learning some letters and I think he has heard the girls spell his name because he tries to spell it out but for some reason he will just say A S S, it is so funny to hear him spell that over and over.

One day I was turning on a Disney show and the big disney castle came up at the beginning and he said "Its a temple." Now he thinks any pretty buildings are temples.

Russ love love loves to read right now. We go to the library and try and find books that have trucks or things like that on them and he wants to read them over and over again. One day we had just read his current book Build Dogs Build and he was wanting to read it again with Kevin and Kevin didn't want to, so Russ said "Dad please, its really good!" It was so funny.

Russ loves to say prayers and he is always the one to make sure we don't forget to say them when we eat. Even when we are out he folds his arms and says "prayers" so that we will do it before he eats.

He is a bit of pansy lately and always freaks out crying if he gets the slightest bit hurt, and wants me to kiss whatever finger or arm or whatever is hurt. And then if i am holding him and comforting him, he will say "I okay I okay"

Russ got ahold of some scissors and cut really close to his scalp in the front so I had to butch his hair much shorter than I would normally do. When he did it he came and said "I cut my hair, I was scared!" Littlepunk. Now all four of my big kids have cut their hair, hopefully Annie won't, but I'm not holding out too much hope.

Russ is OBSESSED with tools right now and he really loves "fixing" things. we were at this little strip mall and Russy and Annie and I were waiting outside on some grass while everyone else was finishing eating and Russ got his tools and started fixing whatever this big thing is. He also likes to sing "Bob the builder, can we fix it?" while he is doing his fixing.

Here is fireman Russ. He rides this fire engine all around the house. I love all of my sweet babies and I love watching them grow into big people. I love seeing his super fun personality show through and watch him grow into such a fun and sweet boy!

 

2 comments:

Grammie & Pa Pa said...

Love, Love all your posts!! The kids are so darling!(of course) and it is fun to see you do things together as a family. It is always fun to make memories together! Can't wait to see you in May! Love you all!!

Kristi said...

Russy is so cute! I love all the new posts and pictures! I can't wait to see you guys in May too!