Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Annie is ONE!!

My sweet little girl is one! These years have been flying by faster and faster. I think back to when I had Lizzy and her first year felt like it took forever. And now by number five, I just need it to slow down! I feel so torn as my babies grow. I love these big people they turn into and how fun it is to have fun with them and talk with them, but at the same time I just love these little babies! I love watching them grow and learn new things.

My Annie is so different than I originally thought she would be. She came out so calm and quiet and was the very best baby for the first few months! Now she is a busy little loud mouth! She will screech and squeal so loud if she wants something. She is seriously into everything too. I thought she was going to be another Janie, but after reading about how Jane was as a baby and how she was such a snuggler and loved to just sit on my lap, I know that she and Annie are nothing alike. Annie will not snuggle with me to save her life! She is so interested in everything that is going on. She wants me to hold her if I am busy and walking around, but if I am sitting down, there is no way she is going to let me hold her. One of the new things she has recently started to do is jabbering a lot. We were in the car one day and the kids were watching Despicable Me, and the minions were saying "beedo beedo" and Anne started saying it too. And in her little cute voice, it is to die for!

I couldn't get her to hold still to get a picture. Every picture I took of her was fuzzy because she kept walking and moving every time I took it.
Annie started walking on march 28th. She didnt really seem like she was even close to doing it just a couple of weeks before and then all of a sudden she just decided one day to do it. She just kept trying and trying until she got it. She was bound and determined. I never did blog much about her crawling, but I need to write this down because I don't want to forget. She army crawled first which was my first baby to do that. It took her a while to start crawling the regular way. And when she did she did it the funniest way, she would crawl with her left fist and her right hand. She never opened her hand which I thought was so interesting! She also was a really early stair climber. For some reason I thought I remembered that my kids didn't do that until after walking, so when I kept finding her upstairs I was shocked to realize that she was climbing up by herself!
This is one of her favorite places to play right now. She loves to climb in and just hang out, until she is done and she can't get out so she starts squealing.

Another place she likes to go is out to the garden to eat the dirt. She will sneak out there and go and stuff dirt in her mouth. I try not to worry about it because I guess I ate a lot of dirt when I was a kid and I survived.
I took her to her one year checkup and she is my smallest girl so far. She weighed in at 16 lbs. 9 oz. She is just my little teenie tiny! I really love how tiny she is, it sure makes it easier to lug her around.
I love that she has a good amount of hair, so that I can put it in cute little ponies and stuff. I just thought she looked so cute with this big bow on her head.

Annie is an okay eater, sometimes she eats really good and other times not so much. I never know what she is going to like and what she isn't. She absolutely loves bread. Which is completely opposite of Russy. One of her very favorite things to eat is Peanut Butter and jelly sandwiches, if she sees me with one and I haven't given it to her yet, she will start squealing and crying like "give that to me right now" Here I had given her some spaghetti and she thought it was good I guess because she gobbled it right up.

Annie is a serious dishwasher diver. Thats what we call her because when she hears that thing open no matter where she is or what she is doing she is right there to start unloading it. It is cute but at the same time it drives me nuts!! She is also my little pile chaser, when I am sweeping the floor she follows me around strictly so she can mess up my plie. I used to be able to keep it away from her but she is too fast now and I have to do my sweeping when she is down for a nap.

She gets into any and everything she can. Here she had gotten into the Fundip and just dipped her whole face into it. She loves to just stick her face in things. Now one of the things she likes to do is if there is a puddle of water on the ground she will lap it up like a litte dog. She waves bye bye , especailly when she is going to bed. When I am holding her she loves to put her hand out in front of us. I am not sure what she is doing, but it is really cute. I am so glad I have this little girlie to be mine! She is so busy, but I love her so much!

 

2 comments:

Grammie & Pa Pa said...

I can't believe little Anne is one! Just seemed like yesterday I was out with you to help when she was born. They are all just growing up so fast. I love all the pictures and to hear about her little personality. Can't wait to see you all and hope this little cute doll will come to me. Love you all!!!

Kristi said...

Cute little Anne! I can't believe she is one either. I can't wait to see her cute little self walking around! Layla loves to drink water like that too!