Thursday, April 17, 2014

Boca Raton Baby!!

Back in January Kevy came home one night and told me that he was going on a work conference to Florida in April and that he was hoping that I could come with him. We weren't planning on taking a trip together for another few years because we knew we couldn't afford it, but with this being a work trip we weren't going to have to pay for that many things for me, so we decided that it was a can't miss situation. Unfortunately we found out that we couldn't book my ticket for a while because it wasnt a 100 percent thing. We would have to wait a few more weeks. The waiting was seriously killing me because I had already "gone there" so to speak, as in thinking about what it would be like to have a vacation with just Kevin and it was really hard to think it might not happen. But I really think that it was much needed and that Heavenly Father helped it workout because everything started to fall into place to let me go and it worked out perfectly.

Even as I write this I can't believe what a perfect trip it was and how amazing it was to get away with my Love and have some time with just him. It felt so goo to recharge and feel like someone other than just a mom. Not that being a mom isn't the most amazing thing to be, because it is, but it was really nice to be a tiny bit selfish and think of me and Kevin for once and just be a wife and a person.

We traveled on a thursday and didnt get in until pretty late and so we just got to the hotel and then we went to bed. We wanted to get a little adjusted to the time because the next day we wanted to not sleep the day away and not get out and do something. I wanted us to do something a little bit out of the ordinary so I found a groupon for kayaking so I booked it. When we got to the rental place we were a little bit worried about tipping over so we didn't bring any stuff with us in the kayak. We just left our stuff in the car so we didn't get any actual pictures on the kayak, which is a little sad becayse it was soo cool! We went on a river that connects to the ocean and there are all these giant homes on it that are really cool. It was really fun. we were the only people out in a kayak but there were quite a few people in boats and when they would pass us it wold make huge waves. THere were even some that were total jerks and drove past us really fast. One was a guy with a small boat called Bangstick. Nice. who names their boat that? We made it down to a small beach where we rested a minute and then we turned around. By the end our arms were a bit tired but it was really fun. We then walked down to the beach and found a fun little grill where we had lunch. This picture was our attempt at a selfie. Can you tell we dont have any expericence with these? All we got was the parking lot instead of the beautiful water that was behind the parking lot.

Here was Kevy at the lunch place. The burgers were really good. It was so nice to go out to eat and just sit and visit. We dont get out much and going out with kids is so darn awful!

After we ate we went back up to the beach by our hotel, we had heard it was a good beach. It really was so beautiful. It was a windy day but the water was so warm and so clear. I love the florida beaches they are so much better than the California ones. Plus this one was so empty. It was so nice! We are not into the whole crowd thing so we really loved being isolated.

 

Kevy was so cute and he immediately wanted to look for shells for the girls. It was so cute. I went in there too and it was pretty addicting because there were so many good ones and we just wanted to find even more and more. After the beach I was feeling really gross from the ocean so we went back to the hotel and the pool felt amazing!! It was so warm and it felt so nice to get all the salt off. We just enjoyed being able to actually swim without having to constantly be scanning for kids and making sure they are all okay.

This is a really bad picture of me, my face looks like a ghost next to Kevy's but I really made a conscious effort not to let my face get any sun. It ages me so fast so it is best if it just stays white. Kevy got a little fried because he didn't put on any sunscreen for our kayak adventure, but it wasn't too bad. He wore his t-shirt so luckily it was just his face and legs. I had made sure to put on plenty of sunscreen but I didnt put any on my shins because for some reason I thought they would be covered in a kayak and they got fried and I was in a little pain that night.
We went to a really nice outdoor mall that had a bunch of places to eat and we picked the mexican place. I am so glad we did because it was some of the best food I have ever had.Even now I am craaving the salsa and the Carne Asada we had. Amazing. Since we aren't drinkers there isn't too much to do at night so we went and saw a movie in a super upscale movie theater. It was so nice to actually get to go to the show! Can you tell we don't get out much?

The next day we decided to go down to the everglades and go on an airboat ride. It was a little bit of a drive but because we didn't have five little monkeys in the backseat, it was worth the drive to do something that we really can't do anywhere else. I have done one of these before, but I knew that Kevin would really enjoy it, and just like I thought he did.

Here is a picture of one of the boats that we rode on. The guy giving our tour did a really good job explaining about the alligators. It was really neat to learn about them, and to see them up close in their naturral habitat was something that is just so diferent than seeing them in a zoo.


It was fun too because they had a little museum and a show to go to as well. It was cool because this guy was back there with these alligators and he was showing how their jaws worked and stuff, it was nuts.He also was poking them in the eyes to show how their eyelids worked. I thought we were going to see the alligator attack him after he did that!

We went into the museum and there were these cute little turtles sitting on each other. I had to get a picture for the girls.

After our airboat ride we headed back up to Boca Raton because it was time to check in to the resort. It was so nice and it was so crazy to stay in a place like that because we will never be spending that kind of money on a hotel room on our own. We first were given a pretty crappy room, but it smellled like cigarette smoke really bad and so we called and asked if we could get a different room and they gave us a really nice room in a different area that had just been renovated and was much much better..

This was the view from our hotel room.
The next day we went to the beach club part of the hotel and spent the morning on the beach and by the pool. It was so nice and relaxing. There were these really cool giant kites that they put up
We ate at another really good restaurant and saw another movie together. The food the whole trip was amazing!! It was such a relaxing lovely vacation together.
On monday Kevin gave me a spa day while he was in class. It was the greatest thing! I went there early in the morning after breakfast before my massage and went and swam in this pool. The setting was so breathtaking and I had the pool all to myself. It was awesome! He got me a hot stone massage and it was seriously the best. After my massage I went back and got ready so I could eat lunch with Kevy and then I went back to the spa for the rest of the afternoon and just hung out and read. I love to read but I just haven't found much time in recent years to do it. A time and a season my mom would always say. It was really nice though to have all that time to just do something for me. That night we had dinner at the beach club out on the patio by the pools and it was really neat. They even had a firework show and Kevy and I happened to be out on the beach when they did it. It couldn't have been more perfect. Unfortunately we didn't get any good pictures that night.

I just had to take some pictures of the spa because it was one of the fanciest places I have ever been.

 

 

I took this picture because I wanted one of this yacht that was so huge but you can't really see it. It was crazy to see how some people live. But seeing how they live and how they act, I realized that I love my simple life and I am grateful for all my blessings.

We had to get a picture of the lobby because it was just so fancy. although this picture doesn't do it justice.

There are not words for how amazing of a time that we had together. It was everything I dreamed of and more! I want to go back!! I am so grateful to my parents for watching our kids for us so that we could do this. I sure love being with my honey!!

 

1 comment:

Grammie & Pa Pa said...

I am so glad you got to go have a wonderful trip together. It looks amazing. Such a beautiful place. It is nice to be able to be together and relax. Spa day sounds heavenly! When I would go with Kev on some sales trips, it would give me a chance to relax and read too. So glad you have each other!!