Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Annie's birthday party

I am not one of those people that throws a giant party for my one year old. I hope I don't scar them because of that, but who knows. I do like to do a cake for them and have family over. I had asked the girls what kind of cake I should make for Anne between a bee and a caterpillar, and they all voted for caterpillar. I thought it would be cute to do the star tip but I really wasn't aware of how much surface area there actually was! It took forever! And I ran out of green frosting so I couldn't make it the way I really wanted to, but oh well. I think it still turned out really cute.

I also made another cake because I needed more than one for the caterpillar.

Annie gave me the cutest smile for the camera. Of course she didn't open her presents but Mr. Russ was more than happy to help her with that! I can't wait for his birthday because he is seriously going to love opening his presents. We got her a bunch of cute summer clothes and a little toy, that she didn't seem to care much about. The really cute thing was that she really seemed to like her clothes and she carried them around.

Annie wasnt very thrilled with the cake. She definitely didn't care to eat much of it, instead she pretty much just played with it.

Once she did get a taste of it she did like it a little but she didn't end up eating much of it. I just can't believe that she is one! It is so fun to have this little lady and watch her grow!

 

1 comment:

Grammie & Pa Pa said...

Anne really is one? Where did the time go? She is so darling! The caterpillar cake is amazing! You are so talented Binny. It sounds like she is going to be a girly girl. Liking her clothes and all. Cant wait to see you all!!