Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Russy Gets Potty Trained!!

I'm not going to lie, potty training may be my least favorite things about being a parent. I dread it with a dread that can't be described! I know that may sound dramatic, but I just really hate it. Because of this I just kept delaying doing it with Russy. I knew he wasn't ready for a while but then after that I just kept coming up with excuses why it wasn't the right time.

But after the holidays I knew that I couldn't delay it any longer. I really didn't want three in diapers at the same time, so we decided to wait and do it a day when Kevin would be home becuase I knew it might be better to have kevin help since Russy is the first boy I have potty trained.

We did the same program that we did with all the girls where we do the intense training all day and don't let them wear pull-ups anymore, but this time I knew we were going to have to go somewhere that night and I wasn't going to torture myself like that so we put a pull-up on him for that.

Russy picked up the peeing pretty quickly and it was funny because he had to go to standing up to pee like his dad pretty much from the beginning. He started not having accidents from a few days in, but the pooping was another story. He just would not poop on the potty and would only do it in his pants for about the first week. and the after that he wouldn't poop at all and was just holding it in. He didn't poop for 6 straight days even though we gave him a ton of laxatives. I was starting to freak out a bit because he wasn't acting like he even needed to poop at all. So eventually we had to give him an enema to get him going. It was such a relief when he finally went. after that he had a couple really nasty pooping his pants days becuase of all of the laxatives we had to give him. But after that things got better and he actually started going poop on the toilet.

It was such a relief when he started going on his own without me having to remind him. Now he is going all the time on his own! It is such a great day when that happens. It is such a huge relief that we have another one done. Just two more to go!

A couple of funny things about his training. He still thinks he should get treats when he goes pee on the potty, and since it was such a big deal for him to go poop we got him a special toy ( a big bazooka gun) for when he finally did go, he started to think that he should get a new toy everytime he goes poop. He is so silly. He also wouldn't let me take a picture of him in his underwear so this picture on the toilet was the best I could get.

 

No comments: