Friday, July 31, 2015

Nellies 9th Birthday

Nellie is 9, my how the years are flying by. It was an off year for a party so she just had a family party. She has been wanting a summer kind of cake and settled on a watermelon cake. It was pretty easy to make and pretty fun too. We were of course in the middle of moving again. Poor Nellie and Kevy! Their birthdays fall at just the wrong time for this! Too many moves have taken place around their birthdays. I hope one day to somehow make up for that.


I hope the kids one day look back with appreciation for all the cakes that I dreamed up for them.

 

I realized I didn't have any pictures of nellie with her present. But I did find this random one that one of the kids took. That's right Nellie got crutches for her birthday. That is what she really wanted and she uses them all the time!! Jane and Nellie play this game that they call " the broken leg game" where they are injured and the have casts and slings etc. I would think this was weird but I played it as a kid as I am sure many kids did. Having never had a broken bone I always thought it would be so awesome to have the attention. I know that is one of the reasons that they play as well. It's been really fun to watch Mellies and Janes relationship blossom. Now that Lizzy has gotten older and gotten into other things, these two play so well together. I am going to be so sad on the day when Nellie decides she is too old to play with Jane and Jane is on her own.

 

No comments: