Wednesday, December 23, 2015

A Christmas Party!!

Once upon a time I told the kids that I had a Halloween party in fifth grade. Lizzy had asked me if she could have one in fifth grade too, I told her yes because that was way in the future. Well lo and behold that time had come. October is retry crazy for me becuase of Halloween and having two birthdays in the month so I told the kids that we could have a Christ,as party instead, thinking December would be less crazy?! December rolled around and the kids kept asking and I kept delaying. I also had to host bunch in the month and we had our Anniversary and all the candy making and school stuff. It was a circus, but I didn't want to go back on my word, so a few days before Christmas, surprisingly not as crazy as the week before, we had a Christmas party and invited 14 kids, in addition to the ones we already have. It ended up being really fun though!

We separated into groups and one group did a craft while the other decorated cookies.

The kids loved decorating their gingerbread men, the only problem was we did it in groups and the kids that went first we really had to try and reign in becuase they were trying to use up ann the candy, but the same thing happened to the craft supplies.

 

One of the favorite things was the game stacking snowmen marshmallows. after the games we had a little free time before parents came so we had a freeze dance dance party.

Even though it was at a stressful time, it ended up being such a fun time, and I think it may be something we end up doing again.

 

1 comment: