Friday, November 4, 2016

All About Lizzy-12 Years

Lizzy is twelve!!! Its kind of unbelievable that she is that old! Time is just flying by!  Its crazy to think that potentially she will be out of the house in 6 years! That means we are already two thirds of the way there.  It makes me really sad to think of it that way and realize that my time with her is limited! 
Lizzy has taken over babysitting duties for us in the last few months and it has been amazing!  She is the best babysitter and I am so grateful that she was born first because she fits that oldest child personality so well.  Sometimes she does get a bit bossy and think that she needs to tell everyone else what to do and how to do it, haha!  I do love the help sometimes but not everyone else is as happy about it. She has also babysat some other kids and they just love her too. She is totally a natural!

Now that she is twelve she is in Young Women's with me and that is really fun. I love getting to be in there with her, I'm just a little worried about hindering her. I don't want her to not be herself because I am there. She is just growing into such an amazing young lady!  She is so grown up for her age, but she still likes to have lots of fun too.  She is always full of smiles  and laughter.

Lizzy is in middle school now which I was really worried about.  I wished that they didn't have middle school until 7th grade here.  But Lizzy has done really well. She is so good at staying on top of things and loves having a lot of different classes. She has struggled a little bit with her friends but she is really good at making new friends when she has a friend that is acting crazy.

She is really getting into teenager things and getting a bit of an attitude at times when she feels like she should get something that she isn't allowed it.  She is a good girl though and always is understanding that we know what is best.

Lizzy is still my best eater. She has a hallow leg!  That girl cam eat circles around just about anyone. Its so nice that I can always count on her to eat the dinners that I make and appreciate them.  Part of her big appetite is that she is a runner now.  She has run cross country and discovered how much she really loves it. Its really fun to watch her do something that she loves so much! 

Lizzy is just the coolest girl and I love getting to be her mom. She is so fun to be around and I love getting to hang out with her.  I'm so glad that we were blessed to have her as our firstborn!


No comments: