Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Halloween

We had a great Halloween this year.  It was nice because the kids have gotten used to the fact that we aren't really willing to spend a great deal of money on costumes so they have to figure something out with what we already have.

 Jane wanted to be a pirate and wear the costume that we already had that we made for Lizzy a few years ago.  She looked really cute as a little pirate girl too.
 Russ wanted to be Clayton Kershaw and it worked out so perfectly because he had just gotten a Kershaw jersey for his birthday and he had all the other clothes.  It worked out great. He was just the cutest little baseball guy. I love that he posed like this without me even saying anything.
 Annie of course wanted to be her favorite,  and we of course didn't own an Ariel costume, so we had to buy one. We tried to use it as bribery to get her to try and keep her pants dry since she will never do it. But it wasn't really that successful and we couldn't exactly not let her have her sotume when it was the day of.
 Clara absolutely LOVES mickey mouse and she likes Minnie too, so when we remembered that we had this costume she had to be it.  She actually really liked dressing up and she even liked wearing the Minnie ears.  I have never seen a kid her age that would keeps things on their head for very long but she will and she did for the whole night. She wouldn't let me take her picture however unless I let her use my phone.  She has a crazy addiction to phones right now.  Its almost a little scary.
 Luckily Lizzy was willing to try and figure out a costume, she came up with this FBI agent costume and I think it was perfect.
 Nellie came up with this skeleton costume from stuff we already had around the house.  I wish I was really good at doing makeup but it didn't look too bad.
I just love this little gang.  We didn't go out for very long because it was drizzly that night, but I feel like we got just the right amount in.  We went with our friends the Waldrons and it was so much fun.  I think we will try and go with them again next year.

No comments: