Friday, June 30, 2017

Lizzy's First year!!

It was Lizzy's first year to go to girls camp.  She was so excited, and I was so excited for her!  I have a bit of a complex relationship with girls camp. I only went three years because I started working really early and had jobs when it was girls camp. The years that I did go were a mixed bag.  My first year was not great.  I know now as an adult that it was mostly my own doing. I had a hard time getting along with certain people and I know it caused a lot of trouble with the leaders.  Its good to know as an adult that I have outgrown a lot of the bad tendencies I had as a kid that made my life difficult. I am so grateful that Lizzy is nothing like I was at the same age. She is so happy and friendly and gets along with everyone. Oh how I still strive to be more like her!   


Our stake decided to shorten girls camp so we dropped them off on Wednesday morning and they were home by Saturday at noon, I personally think it is way too short of a time to be there. It is barely more than two day that they are actually there!! I am hoping next year that they change it and make it a day longer. 






 It was fun to get pictures of her at girls camp so it felt like we could take part in her experience a little bit. 

 They were the cheer ward so their theme was Cheerleaders and of course Lizzy is the smallest so she always was the one on top.





The kids were so entranced when Lizzy got home about all that she had done and wanted to see everything she got there. She also taught them all the really obnoxious camp songs she learned so they could drive Kevin and me up the walls one every drive we went on. Haha! 



No comments: