Thursday, November 2, 2017

Halloween Festivities

The kids had Halloween off of school this year which was kind of a fun thing. We had fun reading some scary stories and then I made a fun Halloween lunch with mummy dogs. 
 



 I seem to drop the ball every year on carving pumpkins. I always forget to buy any because I always think, "Oh there is time" and then I realize that we need some and there are none left at the store.  This year that happened again. Luckily we found out that RC Willey had some they were giving away for free so Kevin took the kids one night and got them. Unfortunately they were pretty small so we couldn't really carve much, but there's always next year.  Haha!

 Clara had fun digging the guts out of her little one that she got from Annies field trip.


 For some reason Russell felt like he had to carve his many days before.  He had one of his sisters help him and he did it without even asking.  I know crazy, a kid not asking? Who has heard of that before. He carved the LA for Dodgers, but it ended up being a little bit shrunken by the time we got to Halloween.
 We even saved some of the seeds and I toasted them this year.  The kids have always been begging to do that.



 It was really weird this year because it was the first year that Lizzy didn't join us and she went with her friends. So I just had the five little trick-or-treaters. Kevin stayed back to watch the Dodger game because it was game 6 of the World Series and an elimination game for the Dodgers. I knew I couldn't ask him to miss that so I took one for the team and took the kids out.  We ended up having a blast!  It was so fun to have finally reached a point when I didn't have a baby or toddler that was crying and tired and just plain hard to take around.  Clara was the cutest and had the best time and walked herself the whole time. I only had to carry her bucket once it got heavy.  I ended up taking her back to Kevin after a while because she was ready for bed and then she came down with a fever which was so sad, but I'm glad it didn't happen until after the trick-or-treating because she was just so darn cute! 


Annie had fun going with her best friend Piper and Russell and his best friend Michael were so speedy it was hard to keep up with them!

No comments: