Thursday, January 17, 2008

Monkey

Yes I have a monkey at my house, well actually two of them. I was hoping after the first one started climbing out of the crib at 18 months that maybe I would be able to have another baby that would stay in a crib for longer. You may be thinking who cares if the baby sleeps in a crib or a bed, but the problem isn't sleeping it is the time before sleep when they can't go anywhere if they are in a crib so they decide to give up the ghost and go to sleep. Things get a lot more complicated when you have to lay next to them and pretend that you are sleeping so that after 20 minutes of playing around they finally decide that they will go to sleep, and hopefully you got enough sleep the night before because if not you are toast and all that fake sleeping made you fall asleep too and you get nothing done that you were going to get done while your crazy child was finally asleep. Yes, I have had a lot of experience with this.

It wasn't too long from the time Lizzy got into a grown-up bed that she was no longer taking naps, shortly after two years of age to be exact. That's right Lizzy stopped taking naps ALTOGETHER when she was barely TWO. I am starting to see a pattern developing with my younger monkey that is looking very similar and it scares me to death.

So monkey #2 has decided that she needs to try and climb out of the crib, so that means a lot of practice climbing all over everything else so she can perfect those climbing skills. She climbs up onto the table all the time, I always will find her on the table or under the table trying to get up on the chair to get onto the table, or she likes climbing on the toilet too. One day I hear her crying and I run into the bathroom to find her hanging out of the sink because she climbed onto the toilet and thought "I'll bet I can climb up into the sink too". Another new thing she does is climb up on the couch and jump from the couch to the ottoman and back again. Oh well she sure is a cute monkey.

5 comments:

Chanelle said...

She is just the cutest thing! Look at that mischievous smile! Hang on to that crib as long as you can.

Christen said...

I can't believe your girls climbed out of their cribs so young! That's because they're fearless like you, Miss Binny. I have a big scaredy cat who wouldn't dare try anything like that! ha! I had no idea Kansas winters were so bad. I'm sorry!!

RYC: No, I can't imagine having my baby right now. I don't know how you did it, seriously. And look at that little Nellie now!

Also, I thought the same thing as you, "I should wait until she's 7 months along and tell her she looks ready to pop!" I just couldn't believe she said that. I mean, come on!!

Emily Brimhall said...

thats funny, I have two little monkeys too.

kris said...

oh what a doll! Yeah, that nap thing is hard! Kelly started to skip naps at two also and still wouldn't go to bed until 11pm. What are these kids thinking!!!

Leavitt Family said...

She can climb better than anyone I know and in places I would have never thought of she is such a CUTE little monkey and she loves her Uncle Lance which is sooooo cute!!! Love you all!!!