Thursday, March 20, 2008

I know, I know

It has been forever since I have posted, but I have good reasons I promise. I have been so unbelievably busy these past few weeks. Let me fill you in on my last couple of weeks. I am really only saying this to make myself feel better for everything I have let go these last few weeks, namely my exercise routine and my house cleaning.

I drove down to Oklahoma Friday the 7th and helped my amazing sister-in-law move her and her three wonderful kids to Tacoma. We drove the next four straight days. And then the next day I got up at 3:30 a.m. to get on a plane home, we didn't arrive home until 7:30 that night because it is a four hour drive home from the airport. Then that weekend I was in charge of our primary activity so I had quite a bit to do for that. Of course it turned out like everything seems to for me, only five kids came, all of the leaders kids, I am sure glad spent all the time on that. Also I am in charge of sharing time this whole month and I have class to teach each week as well. In addition I have been making Easter dresses for the girls.

Just a little tidbit of information for anyone thinking about sewing don't believe it when a pattern says easy. I bought a pattern that I thought would be pretty easy to make since I was making one for Lizzy, Nellie, and their cousin Brinlee. What a joke, next time I buy a pattern I am going to look at every step because then maybe I will notice that about a third of the dress has to be hand-sewn. That's right HAND-SEWN. Not to mention the fact that my machine doesn't have a zipper foot so I go buy one, doesn't fit, so I call my mom and she goes to the Pfaff store and gets me one and ships it, doesn't fit, so I go online and find the right one for sure and order it and get it and it DOESN'T FIT!! So then I decide to borrow a machine from the Church and sew the zippers on with it and don't worry after spending four hours trying to get the machine to sew properly I can't get the machine to work. So guess what I get to sew the zippers in by hand too. I have never really done much hand sewing before this but I am just too darn stubborn to give up. And doggonit I will get these dresses done before Easter! I actually am almost done with them which is why I haven't posted, but I will post pictures of the girls on Easter in their pretty dresses. They really have turned out so cute.

4 comments:

kris said...

Oh my gosh- I hate when stuff like that goes wrong and KEEPS going wrong! I can't wait to see the dresses, I bet they are darling and your girls are going to look so cute for Easter!

Goddard Family said...

binny-I need your email address! I'm going private and I want you to keep in touch.....

Emily Brimhall said...

You are a trooper. can't wait to see the dresses

Leavitt Family said...

Well I am always here eventhough I am a little bit far away!!! So if you ever need a day PLEASE call me and I am here!!! Love you