Saturday, February 23, 2008

Just Nellie and Me

Lizzy spent Friday in Tipton with Brinlee, Kelli and Grammie, so I had little Nellie all to myself. It was so much fun to just spend time with her and give all of my attention to her. She just ate it up too. She really loves Lizzy and they get along really well most of the time but she also loves when Lizzy isn't there and she gets me all to herself.
We had lots of fun, we went out to eat and ran to Walmart and did some shopping and just hung out. Nellie is completely over her difficult stage horray! She still throw fits just like any other kid but thinking back to how she was as an infant, it isn't even like the same kid. She is really happy now and even kind of independent. She is so loving and sweet, but man she really does have an opinion about things (I have no idea where she gets that from, must be her dad) She is still quite stubborn and she still seems to win most of the battles of will, but she is also kind of shy. She is so tough, I guess she had to be to go through what she has. She has such a strong spirit, I love it, I guess she reminds me of myself in some ways. She is even left-handed, I guess that is a sign. I sure am crazy about the little gal. She sat all snuggled on the couch and watched Dora, she didn't move from her spot the entire time that I got ready
She found Lizzy's monkey backpack/harness and decided to wear it all day, she had to wear it to the store and everything. I couldn't get a good picture of it because Nellie is not real enthusiastic about getting them taken.

5 comments:

Christen said...

How fun to spend one on one time with Nellie! I keep trying to imagine what it will be like with another girl because the only one I know is Skye! I can't imagine what she's going to look like, what her personality will be or anything. I'm hoping for another easy baby, but I don't think I'm that lucky!

I know Nellie was so hard for you... but it's a good thing she was such a fighter right? She had to be!

Sandy said...

Nellie is so stinkin cute! I only got like two pictures of her when we visited so I know how you feel. But they are cute when you get them...right!

Goddard Family said...

so much fun to get that one on one time..I wish I could get more of that with mine...my they are getting so big and they are DARLING. you always have their hair perfect...Lucky ducks to have a day where you can go outside and play...we are still waiting for those...

Chanelle said...

Nellie is such an adorable little girl! I can't believe how big she is getting, and look at all that hair!

kris said...

What a cutie pie! I love it when I can spend one-on-one days with each of the kids. Its so fun.