Friday, February 22, 2008

Park Day... Horray!

We have been getting about 1 warm day a week sandwiched between some really cold days, but I'll take it. It was warm enough this past Tuesday (in addition to being the first time this winter that there hasn't been any snow on the ground) for us to go to the park. It was so nice to get outside. I am starting to get cabin fever and really need winter to end. I am sure a lot of you are all feeling the same way. Lizzy kept saying "Thank you so much Mom for taking us to the park! It's so much fun." We really did have fun even if it was a bit muddy. Nellie has to go down the slide by herself, something she has been doing since last fall. She is such a monkey, she has to climb the stairs by herself as well. It was hard to get a picture of her because she didn't even hesitate at the top, it was just down and climb the stairs and do it again.
Monkey #1 likes to climb as well, she climbs all the way to the top of this and it probably higher than ten feet. She also is fearless on the swings, she always wants me to do Underdog and they are really tall swings so she really gets up there. She is such a pansy when it comes to other things like swimming but not heights.

Poor little Nellie's eyes just water like crazy in the cold but she doesn't care. Nellie is so opinionated about her clothes. After I let her wear this jacket she absolutely will not wear her coat. I try and hurry and grab her coat out of the closet before she can see the jacket, but she isn't fooled, she just starts kicking and screaming until I let her wear the dumb jacket. She is the same way about her shoes, she has specific shoes she wants to wear each day and it has to be those shoes or else meltdown.

2 comments:

Emily Brimhall said...

I love that Nellie is a little fashion diva already. Oh, I can't wait for the snow to melt and have park days too!

Leavitt Family said...

I am so glad we had a warm day too!!! I took my kids to the park and they did not want to leave!! How fun is that I love my sweet nieces I am so glad I get to seem them alot!!!!