Sunday, September 28, 2008

Pictures

So I really have the worst luck. I needed to get new pictures of the girls since it has been well over a year and Nellie was just a little bald baby in the last ones I did. So I talked to some people around here about where I could go. There aren't any studios here in Concordia and the people that do them here are way over the price that I am willing to pay, so I had to go to Salina to Sears (one of the only places there.) It really stinks to live in the middle of nowhere for these sorts of things.

Well I decided to do it the weekend that we were staying down in Salina for the Parent Seminar, because I just didn't think the girls would take very good pictures after an hour drive, (they are really terrible in the car.) So I went to Sears because it was in my price range, but wouldn't you know that I got the new guy. Of course and Nellie wasn't very thrilled about getting her pictures taken, In fact she was pretty much freaking out. The guy didn't really know what he was doing and didn't really know how to work with small children. After over an hour of working with the girls we ended up with some pretty good pictures. But there were a lot more that could have been better if he even knew the first thing about framing a picture. There was one that would have been really good of Nellie , but he didn't frame up the picture and she was over on the edge of it. Plus I don't really think the closeups look as good when they are horizontal rather than vertical.

Oh well I am pretty happy with the pictures that we did get although I wish we could have gotten one of the girls together where Nellie was smiling, but that is my luck. I think next year I will get our pictures done when we go out to Utah. I got ours done there last year and I was really happy with the photographer and loved the pictures.





10 comments:

Joy :) said...

Oh, they are so darling!!!! How cute!!! Just think, next time you have this done there will be 3 cute little girls!! How fun!!

Kristi said...

I just love these little girls!! And you and Kevy too!! I love the one of Nellie in the wagon!

TROOP 186 said...

What a cute family. Tell Kevin that one of his best friends from all time is looking for him. Peter Haws. He can call me at 801-318-0566 or email me at peter.haws@survivall72.com. He can thank Sandy for giving me your blog address :).

Goddard Family said...

so cute....they are getting so big!

kris said...

Such cute pictures! Your mom did such a great job on those outfits, they look darling in them!!

Chanelle said...

Oh what cute pictures of your little dollies! They are the cutest! They turned out great!

ROB AND HOLLY said...

So who did your pictures here in St. George that you had good luck with? I am with you on having bad luck! My kids pictures are just never as good as I'd like. The ones you posted of your girls are darling, though!

Leavitt Family said...

They turned out way cute!!! They look so grown-up in them I can't believe it!!! I am waiting to go back to Utah to do mine to even if I have to spend the extra money I love kiddie kandids they always get it right for me!!!! I am still impressed with how yours turned out though I love them!!!!

Sandy said...

What cute little girlies!! I can't seem to get good pictures of both of my boys at the same time though either :) These turned out pretty good though!

Emily Brimhall said...

darling