Thursday, September 4, 2008

All About Nellie


My sister Chanelle did this on her blog when it was her boy's birthdays and I thought it was a great way to record what they are like at that age.

Nellie is such a joy to have. It is amazing how much she has grown in the past year. She is now 21 pounds, which I am sure sounds small, but Lizzy was 23 at the same age, so Nellie has pretty much caught up. I am not just talking about her size though, I am sure everyone knows how difficult her first year of life was. I really didn't know if I would make it through, but you always do. She has just blossomed this past year into such a sweet darling little girl. Kevin and I find ourselves saying everyday "I just can't believe how grownup she is getting"

Nellie loves to play with her sister, they are the best of friends. When Lizzy goes to school, Nellie runs and grabs her own little backpack and tries to go with her, and she is soo sad when Lizzy leaves without her. I can tell she is starting to feel like she is missing out on things, so I try to make our time together as much about her as possible.

Nellie gives the very best hugs. She wraps her little arms around you so tight and then she lays her head on your shoulder. She has the sweetest little voice and I just love to hear her talk. She didn't start talking much until about the last few months but she has really picked it up quick. She is saying full sentences now and she is actually really easy to understand. The other day she said to me "Mommy, I want to go see Ebony." Ebony is a dog at her Daddy's work. I am just amazed at how she already is saying all the little words as well. Some of the funny things she says, she always is telling me when something is "my favorite" even when it may be something she doesn't necessarily care for she still says it. She also says her own name so cute, "Newwie" It is also really cute because she apologizes for everything, if I get hurt or frustrated she always says "Sorry Mommy, sorry." It is so sweet. She also always tells me if she gets a little bit cold that "I'm freezing Mommy"
She loves to sing with her sister, Lizzy sings a lot so and Nellie has picked it up as well, it is just the cutest thing ever when they both sing together.

Nellie is a huge animal fan, if she sees even a picture of an animal she has to hug and kiss it. She loves Dora and Diego, I think mostly because of the animals in them. She is not nearly as into girly stuff as Lizzy is, but she still likes it, she just also likes other stuff too.
I look at her everyday and I can't believe she is that tiny little baby that came early, she has no signs that she was premature, except her fighting spirit. She sure is a stubborn one with a will of iron. She needed that iron will to go through what she did, but man I thought I was stubborn, I don't hold a candle to my Nellie. Although when it comes to battles with food I mostly win because I don't give in, and that has made for a much better eater, she could have been a really picky eater, but I wouldn't let that happen. She loves treats and would eat nothing but junk if I let her, but she does like other food too. Eggs are one of her favorite. She loves cake, but not ice cream, it's too cold she loves candy, and sometimes I have to resort to giving her some if I need her to let me do her hair, she doesn't like me to do her hair very much right now. The thing she loves most of all though is her milk, she wants like 10 glasses a day and I have to limit it, because that is all she would live on if I let her, well that and treats.
She is such a joy to have and I feel so blessed to have been given her. I can't imagine my life without my darling little Nellie Belle.

5 comments:

Randi said...

Congrats!! You should put Carnation Instant Breakfast in her milk. I had to do that with Tayla because she was so tiny.

Sandy said...

She is getting too big..tell her to stop growing up already gosh! I feel bad I didnt send her anything on her birthday so we will send Lizzy and her something if thats ok :) Hope you guys are doing good! We miss you!

Joy :) said...

What a darling picture of Nellie! So fun to read about her.

Goddard Family said...

I love it when they are two...I have found that 3 years is way harder than 2 ever was...she is darling!

ROB AND HOLLY said...

So fun to read about Nellie - with you and Kev living so far away, I feel like I don't know much about your kids. She is such a doll!