Monday, August 25, 2008

Nellie's 2!!

We had a small family party for Nellie's second birthday. I figure we will start friend parties when they turn four, since that is when they are in preschool and will actually have friends to invite. But I did have to make her a fancy cake, because I did it for Lizzy, and i can just see down the road in ten years or so if I did it for Lizzy and not for Nellie what would happen with feelings. "you don't love me as much" I know how it is and although I will never be able to make it perfectly even, I am going to do the best I can. This cake was much easier to make then the Cinderella cake I made for Lizzy that had 50 different colors of frosting to do. It still took me a lot of time to do it though, but I still enjoy doing it.

Nellie got a trike from Grammie and Poppy, she loved it so much she wouldn't get off of it to open her presents so we had to have her open them sitting on the bike or "my bicycle" as she calls it. I didn't even know she knew they were called that as well as bikes. She is so silly.


Unfortunately a setting or something on my camera was screwed up and the pictures ended up all fuzzy how disappointing.

Nellie got a dress up dress and so Lizzy and Brinlee had to get dressed up too. Then they thought it would be funny to wear tutus on their heads.
Nellie enjoyed eating her cake. She is so sweet. After such a difficult first year of life, she has had a really great second year.

6 comments:

Goddard Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Goddard Family said...

Happy Birthday Nellie!

Joy :) said...

HOW DO YOU DO IT BINNY???!!!! I have never done a cake like that, but I know if I did, it would be a mess!!! So impressive!!!!!! It was so fun to see the pictures of Nellie's 2nd Birthday. What a happy & cute little girl! Can you believe she's 2?

Joy :) said...

OK, I have to go back to your blog page and just stare at that cake!

ROB AND HOLLY said...

I didn't know you made cakes! Yet another talent of Binny-it looks great! Happy birthday Nellie!

Kristi said...

Such cute pictures!! I miss you guys so much!!! Hope I get to see you soon! Give your girls hugs and kisses!