Wednesday, September 10, 2008

This and That

I am tired of trying to play catchup and not getting there, so I am just going to include a lot of posts into one, so then I can relax.. mostly, I still have one or two left, but at least I am getting there.
This past summer was a lot of fun with the girls. I think because they are older and we got to do a lot of fun stuff together.
My little monkeys. They feel like if I am in the kitchen cooking they need to be on the counter with me. I love that they want to be with me and I am glad they are wanting to help me cook, but every single time? Seriously, it can really drive me crazy when I am trying to hurry and get dinner made. Lizzy was helping me cut up watermelon. She loves to eat everything! I don't know another kid that loves fruit and veggies (ALL of them) as much as Lizzy does. Although the other day she asked what we were having for dinner and we were having leftover soup from a few nights before, and I told her and said "is that okay" and she said "Actually Mom, I don't like that soup." She still ate it though.
Nellie wearing her shades, she loves wearing her sun glasses and wears them quite a bit.

We went to the pool quite a bit this summer. It is so nice that it is only a block away. But I was really tired a lot this summer and there were some days that I just didn't have the energy to get us all packed up to go swimming, so I turned on the sprinklers and Lizzy just loved it. She became quite a little water bug this year. She thought it was so fun to lay on top of the sprinklers.
Nellie wasn't quite as enthusiastic about the sprinklers. She loved the pool, but after the first day in the sprinklers she decided that the best place was on the porch with me.

We brought these hula skirts back from Hawaii for the girls. They didn't really care for them that much at first, but one day a couple of months later they decided they just had to wear them and it was the cutest thing.

Kevy brought home this dresser that we are going to refinish for the girls, but it was sitting in the living room for a few days and the girls thought it made a great toy to climb on.


This was my Lizzy on the first day of school. She was SO excited to go. She goes three days a week for three hours, and it has seriously changed her attitude. I think before she was just needing some social interaction. She has two very special friends from last year, Taye and Tarin, both boys. For such a girlie girl she loves to play with the boys. Nellie was fine the first few times Lizzy left, but now she cries every time Lizzy leaves for preschool. She was crying the other day "Come back my Zizzy. I want my Zizzy!" It was so sad, but so precious that she missed her sister.

Once a week the girlies and I go to the library. It is so nice to live in a place that has a library. The girls really look forward to it and have learned to LOVE books. They want to read them all the time.

We have been saving up for quite a few months so we could buy the girls a new bed. We decided to get a trundle instead of a bunk bed because it is less dangerous and it takes up a lot less space during the day. The day we got it Nellie was ecstatic. We went and bought her new bedding that she got to pick out, which was neat because usually she gets hand-me-downs and Lizzy gets the new stuff. Nellie just loves her new bed. Me on the other hand, I really miss the crib, and wish I could bring it back, I got so much more sleep before. I know it will be better in the long run to do it now before the baby comes, but it has been a rough couple of weeks.

At first I was laying down with her until she was falling asleep, but some nights she would jack around for two hours before she would finally fall asleep and then I was so tired I would pretty much go straight to sleep and Kevin and I got no time together. So finally we decided that we would just shut the door and let her cry until she goes to sleep, and that works, if Lizzy cooperates and goes to sleep, but if Lizzy doesn't then Nellie won't go to sleep, and they both just jack around forever. Then Nellie gets up in the middle of the night and won't go back to bed unless one of us lays with her. It has been pretty rough these last few weeks. She is finally getting adjusted and until last night she was doing better, but last night she wouldn't stop screaming, it is so hard to listen to your child sob your name for an hour and not go and comfort them, but I didn't. I went in there to check on her once she had fallen asleep, but she didn't crawl into her bed, she was in bed with Lizzy. It was so sweet.

This is me a couple of weeks ago at 21 weeks. It was really weird for me to take this picture. I am not the biggest fan of pictures of me pregnant, but I wish I had some belly shots from when I was pregnant with the girls, so I decided to take some this pregnancy.

7 comments:

Chanelle said...

What a fun post to read! I'm all about putting tons of posts into one. Such cute girls, I love the picture of Lizzy starting school and the pictures of the girls in their new bed. How fun!!!

Kristi said...

Your girls are getting so big!! We miss you guys!! Cant wait for the new little baby to come!!

Christen said...

I need to do what you did and just WRITE already! That or just slap all our pictures on -- it's September and I haven't written about July. It's starting to eat at me! :)

Love the update on the girls. Hopefully the sleeping situation gets better soon. I feel your pain.

I do not believe there is a baby in that belly of yours. Too tiny.

kris said...

Such cute pictures! I love the Lizzie's bedspread! Where did you get that??

Leavitt Family said...

Those are sooo cute!!! I wish I looked that good at 21 weeks!!! You look great!!! It was fun having you and the girls over we need to do it again!!! Love ya!!!

Goddard Family said...

I look like you do at freaking 7 weeks...you look great...the girls are darling....any names for baby girl #3?

Emily Brimhall said...

congrats on three of a kind. Its fun and CRAZY! you look adorable all prego'd up. :)