Friday, October 31, 2008

Pumpkin Time, and Halloween

We really wanted to go take the girls to a Pumpkin patch this year, but we were really busy and never seemed to get around to it, so the day before Halloween we decide to go to a place called the Depot Market, in a little town nearby. They had a little hay maze which the girls thought was the coolest thing ever and ended up going through it about 20 times. They had a whole bunch of pumpkins to choose from and they had a little shop where we could buy things like fresh apple cider, yummy. It wasn't a pumpkin patch, and next year I really want to make sure we take the girls to one, but it was still fun. I really love this picture. Kevy and his little girlies. He is the best daddy. They just adore him.


Nellie and her cheesy grin, she is going through a funny smile phase and every time we say to smile, she closes her eyes and smiles really big, I love it.

My sweet Lizzy, she is just the sweetest girl ever.


The girls were very happy with the pumpkins they picked out. Lizzy named hers Bobo and Nellie named hers Spookley.



Daddy helping the girls carve, I never knew he could be such a perfectionist about something, he had to get it perfect.

There is that smile again!

Lizzy enjoyed getting the guts out, she wanted to make sure her pumpkin had all the bugs (that is what she calls germs) out. She really thought the guts were making her pumpkin sick.


Lizzy's with her finished product.

Nellie and Spookley, she helped me by making a big hole in the side of the pumpkin, we decided it was an ear, so then Lizzy put some ears in hers as well.
For Halloween this year, I was going to make Nellie a black cat costume, but when we got to the fabric store I saw this fabric and asked Nellie which one she wanted and she of course chose the Baby Jaguar, because of her obsession with Diego. She was the cutest Jaguar ever! Every time we would make reference to it Nellie would say "reow reow" Just like baby Jaguar says. It was so funny.

I absolutely love this picture of Nellie. She loved that I put whiskers on her, and a nose, that night when I wiped them off she got so mad and asked me to put them back on.
Lizzy wanted to be a witch this year, but she would always reference that with "a good witch" Because good witches wear purple. I thought I picked out easy patterns this year to sew, but the fabric was a nightmare, Plus the fur on Lizzy's I couldn't get to sew on with the machine so I had to sew it on by hand, which is always fun. Oh well, someday I am going to make it easier on myself, I just hope one day the girls feel like it was special that I made their costumes.She was the cutest witch ever! She was so funny all day she asked me every five minutes if it was time to go trick-or-treating, and just about had a heart attack every time I told her it was not for a while. It is so fun to see your kids get so excited about things.

We went trick-or-treating downtown and Lizzy found one of her boyfriends Terin. They held hands the whole time, it was so dang cute!


9 comments:

Joy :) said...

Looks like everyone had a fun Halloween! The costumes are just darling. I have made my kids costumes every year except the last 2. The homemade ones beat anything you find in the store!

Grammie & Pa Pa said...

The girls look so cute Binny. You always do such a good job on their costumes. I agree they have the best daddy ever! They have the best mom too! I bet Nellie wants to wear her costume all the time now.Lizzy looks so cute holding Terin's hand. Miss you and see you soon!

Kristi said...

Binny you are freaking amazing will you make my kids costumes one day?? They both looked so cute!!!

Sandy said...

Your pumpkins turned out so cute and I can't believe how you can sew like that! The costumes are seriously so cute! Lizzy is such girly girl I love it, and Nellie looks so freaking cute in her baby jaguar outfit! We miss you guys :)

Emily Brimhall said...

You are such the domestic diva. can you teach me?

Goddard Family said...

seriously...can they get any cuter? I love the Halloween t-shirts and their adorable costumes...(please don't tell me that you made them)

ROB AND HOLLY said...

Such cute pictures!! And you did an amazing job on the costumes! I love the pic of Kevy and the girls . . . so sweet!

Leavitt Family said...

OH MY GOSH Binny those turned out super cute GOOD JOB!!!!! They look so cute!!!! I love it!!! Maybe we will have to go to a pumpkin patch together next year!!! I missed doing that too!!!! The girls pumpkins turned out good I love it!!! Well they are the cutest girlies ever!! And you and Kevy and such good parents!!!!

Chanelle said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun for Halloween. I love the girls in their costumes, you did such a good job!! Seriously, I am so impressed! And those girls...they are the cutest!!