Saturday, November 8, 2008

Lizzy's Birthday Party

Last week I had a birthday party for Lizzy's fourth birthday. I can't believe I have a four year old! It was the first party I have done that wasn't a family party so that was quite interesting. She wanted to invite a lot more kids, but with our tiny house and a bunch of four year olds, I decided that six was enough. I will just have to say I am glad it is over and that Lizzy had so much fun, and that I don't have to do it again for a while. I think maybe every other year or so I will do a friend party. The funny thing was she wanted a Hello Kitty party, but besides her cousin Brinlee all she wanted to invite were boys, so we had to alter it a bit.


The Birthday Princess, there was so much going on that I never could get a good picture of her with her crown on, she was way too distracted.


I thought the kids would love to play bingo, I did it for a primary activity and the kids just loved it, but not so much this time, after playing a couple of times through the kids said, "I don't like this can we be done." Great this was about the only thing I had planned. I did get a bunch of balloons filled with helium and that was a huge hit. I had no idea that kids this age still liked balloons so much.

They actually had a lot more fun playing duck duck goose.

Lizzy enjoyed giving hugs for all of her presents, and man did she LOVE her presents, She got lots of barbies and princess stuff and dress ups, everything she loves.





Here is the purse cake that she had been asking for, for about the last nine months. There was one of the shaped pans that was a purse, but I was being cheap and didn't want to spend the money to buy it, so I found this one on bettycrocker.com and it looked pretty easy to make, but it was a lot harder then I anticipated. It kept falling over when I was trying to frost it and because it was standing up it was really hard to frost, but it turned out okay. Lizzy loved it so that is all that matters.

I just can't believe that my little Lizzy is four! Oh how fast time does fly. Sometimes I get a little sad to think that her being a baby is over and done, but she is such a fun little girl that I guess that is okay, besides she is the sweetest big sister to Nellie and I can't wait to see her with Jane.

11 comments:

Leavitt Family said...

That was so fun for us I am sooo glad that we came and that the little cousins could get together!! It was fun to see Lizzy get so excited with all her friends I loved it. The purse cake was awesome!!! I got some pretty dang good pics!!! It was a fun party loved it and loved seeing you guys!!!! Happy Bursday Lizzy!!!

Sandy said...

Happy Birthday Lizzy..well a few days late :) But hopefully she liked the little Hannah Montana hair thing we sent! She is so sweet..we need to come visit soon!

ROB AND HOLLY said...

That cake looks awesome - you are so talented! Happy birthday Lizzy!

Joy :) said...

Love the cake! Looks like a fun party! I liked the picture of you on the couch Binny! We could see your cute little belly! Only 2 more months!!! Three kids in four years, WOW!

Kristi said...

How cute! Binny you are just amazing I can't believe you made that cake it was so awesome!! We sure miss those little girlies! Love you guys!

Jimmie-Nichole-Koa-Becks said...

Kevin and Binny,
Okay this just made my whole week that I found your blog. Hey I lost your phone number but we really want to get ahold of you guys. Please let us know what it is so I can call you guys. Congrats on baby #3 that is great. We are in Florida now but are heading to Utah for Christmas. Will you guys be there then?
Our blog is jimmieandnicholeaverett.blogspot.com. can't wait to talk to you.

Goddard Family said...

Happy Birthday Lizzie...way to go on the cake...I am all about going to Sams Club and buying the huge sheetcakes...(do you even have a sams club there?)

Chanelle said...

Happy Birthday Lizzy! I wish that we could see your cute little girls more often, they are so sweet and we miss them so bad! I loved that cake I was so impressed, but I always am with the things that you make for your girls!

Grammie & Pa Pa said...

Binny you are so amazing! Lizzy's party looked like they had fun. The cake is awesome. You always do such a good job even though you think you don't. Some how I missed this spot in your blog until today. Sorry. We sure miss you all and can't wait to see you soon!!

Grammie & Pa Pa said...

Binny you are so amazing! Lizzy's party looked like they had fun. The cake is awesome. You always do such a good job even though you think you don't. Some how I missed this spot in your blog until today. Sorry. We sure miss you all and can't wait to see you soon!!

Grammie & Pa Pa said...

Oh so sorry to post twice! I am still learning!