Saturday, November 29, 2008

Christmas Time and Santa!!!

The day after Thanksgiving Lizzy woke up and said "It's Christmas!!! Where are my presents?" So I had to explain the difference between Christmas Day and the Christmas Season. Well then Kevy showed them it was snowing and Lizzy said "I told you it was Christmas, Mom." I guess she still doesn't quite understand the whole concept. We put up our decorations and the girls thought it was the coolest thing ever, Kevy had to keep finding things light enough for the girls to being upstairs because they just had to help him bring up the decorations. It was so fun because they are so excited about it. Last year was nothing compared to this year. I just love it. As a kid I never believed my parents when they said they didn't need gifts, that they got more enjoyment out of seeing our excitement, but now as a parent I understand. The girls loved the village so much and just couldn't seem to keep their hands off it.I was trying to get the girls from touching the breakable things so I gave them some paper mache deer to play with because they are pretty sturdy. Well Lizzy decided that the deer was her pet and she was talking to it and carried it with her everywhere that day. Of course she also managed to break off one of the antlers too, so much for being sturdy.
We told Lizzy we could either go get a tree or go see Santa because we didn't have the time to do both, so she decided that we could do our tree another day and go and see Santa that night when he came into town. All day long she kept asking us how much longer and we had to keep telling her not yet. When we told them it was time to get ready to go see Santa, Lizzy started running around the house saying "Holy cow, holy cow" over and over, she was just a little excited. We got there just in time to see Santa pull up on the fire engine. Lizzy was SO excited, she was waving to him like crazy and when he got off and came and shook Lizzy's hand Lizzy said "Hi! my name is Lizzy!" It was really cute. Nellie was really excited too, but she doesn't show it quite as much as Lizzy does. We got there early enough that we were close to the front of the line and only had to wait about 10 minutes. Lizzy went right up there and sat on Santa's lap and was chit chatting with him. I sure get a kick out of her. Nellie didn't mind going up either, but she wouldn't talk to him. When he asked what she wanted for Christmas she just pointed to the candy he had given her. Man is she easy to please. It was so fun to go and do this. I am glad that our little town did this so we don't have to drive down to Salina and wait in line at the mall. The Santa was really good too, he was so sweet with the kids and really friendly. And he really looked like Santa. On the way home Lizzy asked where Santa's deer and his sleigh were, so we said they only come out on Christmas, because that is when the magic works. Oh the excitement of childhood, I just love it. I loved Chrsitmas as a kid, but it really is better as a parent.





8 comments:

Ladysam said...

We took the kids too. We had to wait about 20 minutes in the snow but it was fun. I like this Santa. He is a lot of fun.

kris said...

Aw, how cute. I love how old Nellie is looking! Her hair is getting so thick, its darling. Have a good holiday season!

Sandy said...

They are so dang cute! I love that Lizzy had the deer with her all day, she is so funny :) They both look so cute on Santa's lap! I also love their little beds in the kitchen (dont you love it!) and we missed you guys on Thanksgiving..hopefully we can see you soon! Love you guys!

Chanelle said...

I think that is so funny Austin said the exact same thing that Lizzy said, he thought it was Christmas the morning after Thanksgiving. I wish we could be with you guys during the holidays, we miss you guys so bad!!!

Goddard Family said...

So cute...I love getting out the christmas decorations..the girls are darling... I hope you are feeling ok...miss you guys.

Grammie & Pa Pa said...

You have the cutiest girls ever!! Has Lizzy changed her mind about having bangs again? They are so darling, I just love them to pieces. Christmas is so much fun with little ones!! Well, we shall see you this weekend!!

Joy :) said...

Looks like a fun times!

Leavitt Family said...

I love it!!! She says the cutest things and I love Nellies little soft voice it is so sweet!!! I am so excited we get to have you guys here with us for Christmas it will be so fun!!!