Friday, December 5, 2008

Close Call

So I had a close call yesterday. The night before I was having contractions, not too strong but very consistent. They were coming every 5 minutes. I was able to get to sleep and they went away. Well yesterday morning they started again a bit stronger and were 3 -5 minutes apart. I waited all day because I did not want to go in, but around 4 and after more than five hours of contractions I called and they told me to go into the hospital to be monitored. I had to go by myself because we really don't have anyone to watch the girls out here unless it is a total emergency, so I drove down to Salina and they checked me. I thankfully was only dialated to a one, but they wanted to monitor the contractions for a while. After about an hour and they weren't going away they gave me a shot (that hurt like hell, excuse my language) to stop them, that didn't work so they gave me two more. Thankfully the contractions don't seem to be doing too much so that is good. It really sucked to have to go through this all by myself, the bed was majorly uncomfortable and I couldn't move around much because it kept screwing up the monitors. They gave me tons of water to drink because it helps contractions, only problem is a full bladder causes contractions, and I couldn't get up to go to the bathroom without calling the nurse. I had to drive myself home an hour at 10:00 at night, I was feeling really shaky and weird from the shots they gave me, plus I hadn't eaten since lunch. Overall it was not a fun night.

I have to be grateful though because they did get the contractions to stop and they did release me after about four hours, and I am very glad that I didn't have a baby last night. I am not prepared! I need my mom here and I haven't even started my Christmas shopping. I am glad that I am already 3 weeks past the time I had Nellie, so Jane should be much better off, but I really want to get Christmas over with first and enjoy the season and get a little more prepared, plus I just want a big baby that can come home with me and not have to stay in the hospital.

They told me to take it easy today, which is really hard with two crazy monkeys, but I did my best. I am still having contractions today but not as consistent. I think that is just me . I had them a lot at the end when I was pregnant with Lizzy. We shall see if Jane decides to wait until January to come or if she is too impatient like her sister.

8 comments:

Goddard Family said...

I am so sorry you have to drive so freaking far away...and then to be there by yourself...yucky...i am so glad the contractions slowed down. take it easy! and goodluck!

Sandy said...

How scary Binny! Hopefully she will stay in there a little longer huh and wait until your mom gets there too :) Hang in there and keep us posted! Love you and miss you!

Randi said...

Be careful Binny. I wish I was closer to help you. I am sorry you had to go by yourself, what a trooper!

Ladysam said...

Binny, you know I am less than a mile away. Call me if you need ANYTHING.

Barbara said...

Binny--how awful---to have to take yourself--and drive---when I had my early babies the doctor would not even let me ride in the car for more than a few minutes at a time, as he said that sitting up in the car with the motion of the car it could start labor---so be careful! I hope you can go after Christmas -except Jenny was born on the 29th and never got to celebrate her birthday with her school friends as she was always out of school--and to a elementary school child--that was important!
I love your blog. Your girls are so cute. You do a great job! Thanks for sharing!

ROB AND HOLLY said...

How scary for you! I'm just glad it turned out like it did, and that you made it home safely. Hopefully this baby can wait just a little longer!!

Joy :) said...

I'm glad that everything is alright and sorry you had to go through that alone. Scarry and not fun!! Keep us all posted! Love you!

Chanelle said...

That's why you guys have to find a way to live closer so we can help you with things like that! I'm so glad that little baby is still inside you!