Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Stuff

Can I just say that I am loving this Christmas season. I love it anyway, but this year has been especially fun because the girls have had SO much fun with it. We try to do some sort of activity every night. One of the girls favorites is to turn off the lights and light candles and turn on the Christmas music and dance. They love to dance and LOVE to sing. Lizzy has always loved to sing but Nellie is really starting to pick it up and I just love to hear her darling little voice singing the songs.
We went one family night to get a tree, but the tree farm was closed, so we just went down to the grocery store and picked one up, I thought the girls would be disappointed, but they could care less, all they wanted was to decorate the tree when we got home.

I had made a pumpkin pie and Nellie snuck up onto the counter and dug her fingers into it. It was pretty funny because I did the exact same thing when I was little only it was a whole pie that my mom had to take somewhere the next day.

The little girlies love to help me in the kitchen and they just had to help me stir the caramels. It was pretty hard to stir with three big spoons in the pot but they sure enjoyed it.

We made a gingerbread house and they girls got so excited about it. They got even more excited when they discovered that there was some extra candy they could eat. Even though it was nasty.

Gotta love how Nellie isn't wearing any pants.

We let them stay up the night that Frosty the Snowman came on. We popped some popcorn and they thought it was pretty neat. They loved Frosty and have watched it daily since then. Lizzy wanted to make a snowman too, so that he could come to life.

Daddy and his girlies snuggling and watching a movie. So cute.
I am really going to be sad when Christmas is over. I love this time of year! The one good thing is that when it is over it means Jane will be about here, thank goodness!


9 comments:

Sandy said...

What a fun mommy you are! My kids love to eat the candy and frosting from the gingerbread house and its nasty, but they have fun right! I can't believe you only have a few more weeks till the baby! Miss you guys!

Emily Brimhall said...

merry christmas binny! you look adorable all prego'd up. good luck with those contractions, hope she comes soon.

Goddard Family said...

Wow you guys have been busy!! How do you find all of the energy? You look great prego..Merry Christmas!!!

Chanelle said...

It looks like you guys have had lots of fun as a family. I'm always so sad when Christmas is over too. It's so hard because we have the dreaded January to get through. You're so lucky though because you have a new baby to look forward to!

Joy :) said...

I Love the pictures!!!! It was fun to see you with your cute little tummy!! Merry Christmas!

ROB AND HOLLY said...

I absolutely love Christmas, too. I love how excited the kids get, and it makes it all the better! Your little belly is so cute, and I can't believe you only have like 1 month left. You look great!

Grammie & Pa Pa said...

You are such a fun Mom. But please Binny I can't believe you bought a gingerbread kit. No wonder it tasted nasty, you didn't make it. :) The girls are so dang cute. I love the one with them and their Daddy in bed. Have a fun Christmas. We shall talk to you soon!

Leavitt Family said...

I am glad that Nellie woke up to help with the tree!!! You do such fun things with the girls!!! We are excited to share Christmas with you!!! See you soon!!!

Kristi said...

How fun!! Nellie is so funny to eat the pie! But you are the best pie maker in the whole world! We miss you guys! We want to come out there in the Spring sometime!! Give those girlies hugs for us! Also you look so dang cute!!