Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Five Years!

Kevy and I celebrated our five year anniversary this past weekend. I can't believe that we have been married that long! In some ways it feels like we just met, the time has gone by so fast, but at the same time it also feels like we have always been together. There have been so many good times and a few difficult ones, but we have grown so much together as a couple and a family these last five years. I really truly don't know how I could live without him. He is the best!

One of the first things I noticed about Kevy was how kind he is. He has the kindest heart of anyone I know and he is so patient too. He would have to be to put up with me. He is so caring and always willing to help me with anything. He is the best dad to our little girls. I was worried that he would be disappointed to have a third girl, but he assured me he isn't and I know that is true, he loves his little girlies so much, and they feel the same way.

Kevy does such a good job supporting our family. He works so hard and never ever complains about anything. I am so proud of him for going to school and working so hard at it. He has learned so much and it is so fun to see how excited he is to have found something that he enjoys so much.

Kevy is so fun to hang out with, I hope he doesn't get sick of me, because I could be with him all the time and never want to be with anyone else, he is just so easy to be around. That was another thing that I first noticed about him, he let me be myself and he made me feel comfortable. I just love him more than I could possibly say and I am still in awe that he picked me! I love you Kevy!

For our Anniversary this year Kevy sent me these beautiful roses! What a sweet guy! A lady that Kevy works with was so amazing and came and watched the girls for us so we could go out. It was weird to spend the day together. We have only gone out one other time since Hawaii and it was only for two hours, so the whole day was awesome. We went Christmas shopping and to lunch and we went and saw Twilight. It was really nice of Kevy to let me go to a girl show, but I think he enjoyed it too. It was such a fun day. We hadn't been able to go out for our Anniversary for the last couple of years, so I am so glad we were able to this year and spend the day together.

9 comments:

Joy :) said...

Wow, 5 years huh?!?!?! You 2 are so cute together! I'm glad you could spend the day together and get some Christmas shopping done! Now the baby can come, right? :)

Sandy said...

Congrats on the 5 years! I hope you guys had a wonderful day. Sorry you didnt get the message about the kids' draw names..I thought my dad would tell Kevy and my dad probably thought me and Kristi would call everyone, etc..we are having problems relaying messages lately! Sorry! I hope Nellie likes her present from Conner :)

Kevin Richey JR said...

I am just as lucky to have such a wonderful wife. It was very nice to have some time together. Twilight was a good show. Maybe after I get through all of my business books I will read it. Love you, Kevy

Kristi said...

Yay congrats on 5 years!! That is so fun that you guys got to go out the whole day! Did you like the movie?? P.S. Like you are really going to read Twilight Kevy!! ;)

Robert Richey said...

You two are a perfect couple - how fun to have a whole day out all to yourselves!

Jimmie-Nichole-Koa-Becks said...

JR,
Jimmie wanted me to ask you if you still have that sweet BYU tank top? If you do does it still fit? Only 25 days til you have your third baby! WOW good luck. Congrats on 5 great years together. We hit our 5 year in May crazy huh, it goes fast. You guys are a cute couple. We wish we could hang out with you guys. Merry Christmas.

Goddard Family said...

Happy anniversary you two!!!

kris said...

Congrats! I am glad to hear everything is okay with the baby- I hope you have smooth sailing from here on out. What is it with these impatient babies? It must be because they can't wait to be with you Binny!

Grammie & Pa Pa said...

We are so happy you have each other. Time flies! Congratulations on 5 yrs! I'm glad you were able to work it out to go spend the day together. Sorry we weren't much help. We did enjoy spending time with you while we were there. You and Kevin are such a good couple and great parents! We are excited for little Jane to come!